ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheels (Snappy Ones)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Looking to just get pictures of wheels that have been Re-Trimed by Snappy.

I now must get mine done as its getting worse day by day but im unsure of styles, Colours and colour matches.

Thanks

Passat
Hi Marc. Here's mine in the Trophy mate. He also does perforated leather now which looks f**king great. Wish id have got it. Still, it looks good I reckon.

D25DB52D-435E-4EF8-BE4C-459C0A462CAD-23737-0000270BEE170FCC.jpg

Passat
Hmm, yes, that looks...errr...not good.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but the Snappy wheels do look a lot better in person. The airbag stands out a bit on photos, but you really don't notice it in the car.

I Have the same one coming as yours Filippo but with the mentioned perforated leather bits, Will post a pic when it arrives. should be early next week.

I've hear the colour match is less noticeable in person, but as part of the wheel i never touch, maybe one of those shoe polish sponges :p

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Needing to see a few more wheels if possible.

Is there anyone else with pictures ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Wow, I'm amazed Transcal did that, usually they are spot on but thats terrible!

I know john, I paid £180 for it and ended up putting it on Ebay and selling for around half the price if not less.
I even sent the Invoice from them with the wheel as i was so pi$$ed that it came back totally different to what i asked for and what i wanted.

You know yourself looking at there work and what they can do its normally top notch and there stuff is amazing but this just lost all confidence in them to touch anything of mine again.

clio 172 cup
hi , how can i get in touch with this guy? im really interested in getting mine done now after seeing these , mine steering wheel is still good condition though , would it still cost as much ? thanks

172 cup, Impreza P1
My big worry is the match on the airbag.

I had one done by http://www.transcal.co.uk but they more or less done what they wanted and not what i wanted and the colour was so so bad.

91553dc0.gif

047cd9a8.gif

caa38837.gif

Transcal buy some of their leather from my company who we also do the leather for Aston Martin, JLR, Volvo, AMG, etc so we should have a colour that matches this grey. I'll check and see what we've got.

Dont like the way they've done the thumb grips either.

MINI-R32-integrale
I was one of the early coverts to as Snappy's work when I got the wheel done on my Trophy, so much I got him to do our Civic Type-R wheel and when I get time I'll track down a Megane wheel and get one done for my DCi175 as wheel is great size and thickness but the covering feels cheap.

null-49.jpg

732E398B-1B4E-4F54-9108-A04845C4FD19-565-00000038A89DE5AD.jpg

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
I was one of the early coverts to as Snappy's work when I got the wheel done on my Trophy, so much I got him to do our Civic Type-R wheel and when I get time I'll track down a Megane wheel and get one done for my DCi175 as wheel is great size and thickness but the covering feels cheap.

null-49.jpg

Loving the clocks! how can i get a set?

MINI-R32-integrale
I bought a set of Lockwood yellow dials. I cut the tacho dial off the originals leaving everything else in place, this meant I only had to remove the tacho needle leaving all other undisturbed. I then used that as a template on the Lockwood dials and cut out the yellow tacho to replace the original. Refitting the needle and checking it was correctly fitted doing the dial check facility the Clio has built in. I can't remember the process but something like hold the button at the end of the stalk and switch on ignition and all needles do a full sweep of the dials resting at various points to check validity. I then had the silver plastic bits carbon wrapped and then fitted polished alloy rings to create a contrast with the black.

mk1 leon cupra r
Hi guys,
Its great to see the wheels youve had retrimmed are looking so good and i bet they feel alot better than the original ones. sorry i dont post many things on the forum but you lot keep me very busy ( not complaining lol ).
Im planning to do a few meets next year and possibly the big clio show, just so i can meet the people who have had work done by me .
Cheers Andy ( snappy ).

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Hey snappy how much would it cost to get a megane wheel retrimmed?

Hi guys,
Its great to see the wheels youve had retrimmed are looking so good and i bet they feel alot better than the original ones. sorry i dont post many things on the forum but you lot keep me very busy ( not complaining lol ).
Im planning to do a few meets next year and possibly the big clio show, just so i can meet the people who have had work done by me .
Cheers Andy ( snappy ).

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
just paid for mine today, looking forward to it landing later this week, will post the obligatory thankyou Snappy pic when its fitted :)

Fiesta ST3
I had mine done last year by snappy. He's a great guy and communicates with pictures through the whole process.

Here's some pictures of mine.

ehaqa2ym.jpg

nu4ynu4e.jpg

null-49.jpg

I might have to steal this leather look for my car. My god your interior looks classy.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Quick pic of mine now that I've got round to refitting the airbag. Looks and feels really good and the turn around was very quick (if you provide your own wheel:approve:).

IMG_20131110_145230_zps0049415f.jpg

Still unsure on selling my OMP wheel. As good as this is the OMP is a far better size:(.

Golf Gti edition 30
Hi snappy,did you recieve my pm i sent during the week as would like my steering wheel done aswell if possible ?

thanks...steve