ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stefans 182 trophy #43

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello everyone

So like a moth to the flame I am back in a renaultsport clio after almost a 5 year gap.

I've always liked the trophy and had an itch for one for a while, I had one nearly 10 years ago but tbh back then I didn't really know them all that well to be honest and only had it a short time.

I know the trophy has mixed opinions and prices are abit silly on them but they are rare on the roads and abit special and well I'm a sucker for rare cars 😂

So fast forward today when I went to view #43 after being messed about with a couple of other examples, car was a 2 hour drive all went well, loads of paperwork, dampers refurbed last year, serviced last month, long mot, 2 keys only a janspeed resonated exhaust otherwise standard and a spare steering wheel come with the car which will get sent off to be retrimmed at some point.

Couple of before/seller pictures

20191213_235430.jpg
20191222_202513.jpg

20191222_202551.jpg
IMG-20191216-WA0000.jpg

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

I got it home and removed all the stickers as not a fan of them and put on some new clean plates, and bought some new bosch aero wipers (no pic)

How it currently looks

IMG-20191222-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20191222-WA0009.jpeg

Few things I have bought which should arrive as and when what with the holidays.

And I need to align the exhaust

Cheers

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Love it mate! Been waiting for the day you bought a Trophy.

Keep it standard, align the exhaust and then a freshen up of any small parts and job done!

Quite like the Lupo GTI next to it in the previous owners’ pic too.

Enjoy it bro.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Andy, yeah I actually really wanna go to this. Can you pm me the details or on here when you have the time 👍
No problem. There will be a thread on ClioTrophy early in the New Year as we tend to get the ball rolling early if we can; so folks can book rooms, lunch stops and routes can be sorted, etc.

2020's event will be the Trophys' 15th year so a bit of a special milestone in some ways. I'm hoping we can get a good turnout and that the weather is favourable. I've put in a request for good weather already but, well, Wales. :D

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
No problem. There will be a thread on ClioTrophy early in the New Year as we tend to get the ball rolling early if we can; so folks can book rooms, lunch stops and routes can be sorted, etc.

2020's event will be the Trophys' 15th year so a bit of a special milestone in some ways. I'm hoping we can get a good turnout and that the weather is favourable. I've put in a request for good weather already but, well, Wales. :D

Will yours be making an appearance, that's not a dig but genuine question would be cool to see it there

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Will yours be making an appearance, that's not a dig but genuine question would be cool to see it there
Yes mate, it will be there. :) Had one or two items still been available to buy from Renault / Renaultsport then the Trophy would be home with me now. Alas, it will be early in the New Year now. What's a few extra weeks compared to the last handful of years!!!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE

So couple of jobs today on the back of the trophy

One being the easy job of the rear number plate not working, suspected bulb blown. So bought new lamp, refreshing it up at the same time..

DSC_0372.JPG

DSC_0373.JPG

DSC_0374.JPG

And another common problem is the boot struts seem to fail leaving you with a limp boot that doesn't stay up.. Bought some 1 series struts which worked, lovely jubbly.

DSC_0371.JPG

Rare trophy boot status achieved..

DSC_0375.JPG

Just the exhaust to do and all will be peachy.

Cheers

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Got a part number/link for boot struts

My trophy spoiler keeps twatting the aerial. Misses the roof though

Hi mate I bought these ones... Not the cheapest but meh knew they would be the correct ones.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Update

So when I bought the trophy I got given a spare steering wheel with it.

So naturally I sent this off to snappy with what I was after, and to preserve the original/put back to standard if needed.

Standard one that come, in good condition to be fair.

DSC_0414.JPG

And to be replaced with...

IMG-20200128-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20200128-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20200128-WA0013.jpeg

And fitted it got dark and started to rain so bit rushed..

DSC_0422.JPG

His work is superb and highly recommended him to anyone.

I bought a ph1 gearknob/stick to be fitted when I book it into rentech to give it a once over..

DSC_0423.JPG

And tweaked the exhaust the other day to sit that bit better.

DSC_0415.JPG

Cheers 😁

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Nice job on the steering wheel!! Sent mine off yesterday to snappy, can’t wait to get it back.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Steering wheel looks great! I want something similar but without the number at the bottom.
Got a snappy wheel on the V6 & it is excellent quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Steering wheel looks great! I want something similar but without the number at the bottom.
Got a snappy wheel on the V6 & it is excellent quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make such a big difference to the interior, I know everyone's different, seen some with trophy or plain thought I'd try something different.

Wasn't going to go center band but seeing some pics without it, decided against it.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So the trophy got some work done last week which consisted of..

*new battery
*new alternator
*new aux belt
*track rod ends
*ph1 shifter
*tracking

I was getting some dash lights due to the battery/alternator so got both changed.

Had an early finish today so with the nice weather, went out for a drive, love this little pink car.

Photo whore incoming...

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0454.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

DSC_0451.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG