ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo Problem - Help

Clio Dynamique S 1.5 DCI
Hey ive got a 06 clio and have been trying to fit my aftermarket stereo but theres too many wires behind the headunit so sticks out about 3 inches still! is there anywhere / tips on where to put the cables?

Cheers

Nick

is this a Clio2?

i found it easiest to take the top of the dash off and house most of the wiring to the left. it's very easy to remove the top of the dash

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Were the cupholder is in the centre console, the top part of that comes out, remove it, stick your hand up and pull the wires down, The headunit will go in easy then.

Clio Dynamique S 1.5 DCI
Its the newer shape one, heres my car:
IMG_9101.gif

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Scrap my idea then lol, only works on mk2's.. have you tried and push the cables thats there allready up or down into the gaps?

remove glovebox to do it
remove trim above glovebox,3 screws on top,2 inside and 1 to the left behind the door seal
then you can pull the wires up through the top of the hole where the radio sits :)

Clio Dynamique S 1.5 DCI
cheers. so how do you remove the glove box? ive removed the screw inside, but there must be more somewhere because it aint budging :(

2007 Clio Extreme 1.2 16v
i had the same problem the other day, you just need to try and make sure the wiring block is not lumped at the back of the stereo, theres not a great deal of space

Clio Dynamique S 1.5 DCI
Well thats not really the problem, i can get that up in the gap, its just the rest of the cables! theres loads, ive tried taping them together but thats jus made it harder!:
Photo0553.gif

any help on how to remove the glove box??

Clio Dynamique S 1.5 DCI
oh i see :p i thought that was to remove the trim lol does the silver trim just yank/clip off then?

yep just pulls off,open glovebox and then pull the trim,allows you to get your fingers around it,pull evenly-not from one end or you will break it!