ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo stalk controls

So I've got all the gear from halfords and the only thing that has me stumped is a 15pin adapter, where Ye hell does this plugin to!?! I've got all the cables required for Ye stalk adapter and this is the only one I can't figure out!Anyone around Worcester want to lend me a hand? I thought it was all done until this!Matt

WRX
If it's the one I think Matt, then the small yellow plug fits to it with 5 or 6 pins in, just plugs in the one side of the larger plug if you understand me. When I did mine a few days ago, it was obvious which ones went where because they all corresponded easily apart from that small yellow one as said. (Presuming it's similar to the Connect2 one from MT Audio)

Well the yellow one was just dangling yep, but the only connection I had was a 15x1 (15 in series) pins, and only 5 of which had some sort of connection.

Moral of the story is I've taken it back, as it was a rip off, and I've sent MT Audio a PM :)

On the plus side I've got a new HU so that's a bonus!

WRX
Good idea pmsl.
Good luck tucking all the harness back in!:cry:
Read the MT audio thread, Matt gives a good idea to help.

Yeh when i went to fit my HF's one, i thought WTF theres the wires you need so why go all up there, it does work but what an arse about face way of doing it.

I will 100% agree to that, plus Halfrauds tried to sell me a Fascia (not required), and a female ISO -> female ISO as an "extender" because "i'll definitely need it otherwise it will be too short" - so I took it all back and they can FO.

Even with the standard ISO cables I can plugin fine, so not sure what they were on about.

Only other question I have is what is the best way for the power to be done (as in the red + yellow wires) - Currently it's at the default of red->red and yellow->yellow which means that it doesn't stay on when the power is off.

Am I to assume this is the best way to keep it? The only annoying thing I've found so far is that obviously to listen to music with the engine off I must turn the key once, but now looking back I can't even remember if that was standard or not? ( I don't think it was). :)

Clio dci 1.5
Ha got mine plugged in and working a treat, just couldn`t fit Hu back in with all the cable`s and plugs AAAARRRGGGGHHH gave up after lots of stressing and swearing.
Now living without stalk controls, just so i have usb to use, o`well

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Only other question I have is what is the best way for the power to be done (as in the red + yellow wires) - Currently it's at the default of red->red and yellow->yellow which means that it doesn't stay on when the power is off.

Am I to assume this is the best way to keep it? The only annoying thing I've found so far is that obviously to listen to music with the engine off I must turn the key once, but now looking back I can't even remember if that was standard or not? ( I don't think it was). :)

How I did it on mine. If I had it the other way round it'd forget the settings. And it's normal AFAIK.