ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steve Jobs passed away. RIP

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Thankfully it isn't.

Personally I'd like to see a tasteful film of his rise to greatness (if anyone knows Steve's history you'd know its not been easy). Or maybe a decent documentary. I've preordered his autobiography, should be a great read.

Didn't realise he had written one. Will order that as it will definatley make a good read, not a fan of autobiographies but I do like ones where people have had "interesting" lives. Like Clapton's, amazing read.

DB.

BMW 440i
Im going to pre order the autobiography as well, will be a good read!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thankfully it isn't.

Personally I'd like to see a tasteful film of his rise to greatness (if anyone knows Steve's history you'd know its not been easy). Or maybe a decent documentary. I've preordered his autobiography, should be a great read.

I'm also really looking forward to reading this, the man was an inspiration all the way through uni and still was to this day. There's no greater compliment in design at the moment than "It looks like something apple have designed".

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Although no-one actually laughs and the jokes are being posted for examples only, i wish people wouldn't bother..So disrespectful.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
The fact that I found out he died on one of his devices says alot.

He is a legend, he has created things and made people love a brand. A thing alot of people don't achieve.

197 FF Glacier White
RIP, hope the legends influence continues in all future Apple products.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Some massive respect for the man

ScreenShot2011-10-06at141241.gif

2014 Focus Titanium
Some excellent tributes. Genuinely saddened by this. Although I own no Apple products, what he has done to the world of technology with never be matched.

Steve Jobs - The innovator. RIP.

340i
I am genuinely saddened by this..

I have read so many tributes today, this one stuck in my head from Bill Gates:

"I am truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor.

I will miss Steve immensely."

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Definitely one of the great minds of our time. It sounds like his upbringing wasnt exactly easy either.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Im going to pre order the autobiography as well, will be a good read!

I think I will be doing the same. Book launch moved forward to Oct 24th.

The WSJ reports -
"According to a person familiar with the matter, Isaacson last interviewed Jobs four weeks ago, right before, and right after he stepped down from his post as the CEO of Apple.
Jobs indicated at that time that he knew he was going to die soon. The scene will appear at the end of the book."

I work at Microsoft and our flag is at half mast. I have only ever known that happen when employees pass away. Nice touch.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Terrible news, was such an innovative guy and a great mind. Changed the way the world thinks about technology and how technology can be used. Will be sorely missed.

Will read that article on my work break, tah Boosh.

Mercedes
Sat and read that Time article fantastic read. It seams that the whole IT community have come together to recognise a real innovator in there field, very touching.

Astra Twintop
Soon as I read he had pancreatic cancer, the outlook was bleak.

My Grandma had it, and it took her life.

Cancer has taken another great person.

RIP.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The Time article is a great read

Does point out the monopoly Apple has, though. Funny how it's socially acceptable because it's Apple, but Microsoft's monopoly(s) were/are seen as evil

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The Time article is a great read

Does point out the monopoly Apple has, though. Funny how it's socially acceptable because it's Apple, but Microsoft's monopoly(s) were/are seen as evil

It's not a monopoly as such, they went about it in a clever way. The option is there to buy your music else where, take it else where to get repaired, buy your product else where, use other people's software on it. But they made it too convenient not to do everything within the apple company. Well played Steve, well played.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
RIP Steve. Not many people who truely change the world but he did.

2 things from today.

Firstly some f**king helmet on Facebook posting saying "I don't understand why everyone is so bothered about that steve jobs guy dying, whats he ever done for me?" underneath that status it said "posted 1 hour ago via iphone." Not sure if they were SRS or not, but helmets either way.

Secondly, I will be honest I am slightly suspicious and suspect he may have died earlier this week/weekend but they chose not to announce it until after the 4S announcement. May or may not be true but just seems such a coincidence to me.

BMW Z4
RIP Steve Jobs, True genius changed the way i do most things in my life today thankyou fo making everything easier.