ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steve Jobs passed away. RIP

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So where does this leave the future of Apple? Without Steve can they move forward at the same pace they were? If he was Apple and had the ideas behind every design surely they will suffer with future products?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So where does this leave the future of Apple? Without Steve can they move forward at the same pace they were? If he was Apple and had the ideas behind every design surely they will suffer with future products?

Everything on sale made by Apple at the mo is from after he'd taken a backseat

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Steve, his philosophy's and how the brand should be is engrained into Apples culture and always will be. Read page 5 of the article I posted. His biggest achievement is his legacy within the business.

Future products wont suffer because of his death.

Secondly, I will be honest I am slightly suspicious and suspect he may have died earlier this week/weekend but they chose not to announce it until after the 4S announcement. May or may not be true but just seems such a coincidence to me.

I don't think they could or would keep it a secret. So many nurses/doctors will have known. If it got out that they hushed up his death for the sake of a keynote, that would do irreversible damage to the company and would be a massive disrespect to the man who built it. I honestly think he held on and then let go once it was done.

iPad 3 and iPhone 5 will already be done. Slight tweeks and production to be finalised but you can be sure that Steve had a hand in it. They don't just go 'Right, today we sort next weeks iPhone'

The 'problem' comes when the the next thing needs to be done. No idea what that will be. Nobody expected the iPod. iTunes. iPhone. iPad. There will be another product and whether it has that magical Steve touch is for another day. Johny is still going to design in. It'll still have iOS built for it. Steve stepped down and left the company in very capable hands. The 4S will be the worlds best selling smart phone. iOS 5 will be a massive hit.

People blamed the 4S on Tim already. That will have been decided long long long before he was in charge. There is always going to be people that want to knock Apple and Steve-less they see a bigger opportunity but I can't see that fail coming anytime soon.

2014 Focus Titanium
iPad 3 and iPhone 5 will already be done. Slight tweeks and production to be finalised but you can be sure that Steve had a hand in it. They don't just go 'Right, today we sort next weeks iPhone'

The 'problem' comes when the the next thing needs to be done. No idea what that will be. Nobody expected the iPod. iTunes. iPhone. iPad. There will be another product and whether it has that magical Steve touch is for another day. Johny is still going to design in. It'll still have iOS built for it. Steve stepped down and left the company in very capable hands. The 4S will be the worlds best selling smart phone. iOS 5 will be a massive hit.

People blamed the 4S on Tim already. That will have been decided long long long before he was in charge. There is always going to be people that want to knock Apple and Steve-less they see a bigger opportunity but I can't see that fail coming anytime soon.

Not often I agree with everything you say but very well said. Couldn't have put it better.

2014 Focus Titanium
By the way - trying not to sound stupid - everyone is talking about his Autobiography coming out late October, but I can only see a Biography? Has he done one himself?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great read that. Love reading Fry at the best of times but that was superb.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Well said Revels.

I have been low all day today. I feel like somethings been stolen from the world. Everything seems empty and sh*t. I hate the fact that we no longer have Steve to influence our lives. This may sound really sad and pathetic, but I really feel like what Steve has done in his life has had such a positive impact on my own life.

The iPhone completely changed the way I use a general handset, if I am ever without my iPhone, I feel like I'm missing a limb.

Then my girlfriend buys me the iPad 2. Even that has changed everything for me! Not to mention my iPod classic that first pulled me in to the world of Apple.

I queued for 14 hours for the iPhone 4 launch, was first in to the Apple store and spent £600 even though I'm not exactly well off. BUT, it all seemed worth it, just to experience the magic of Apple.

Steve, in my opinion, will never be forgotten for the rest of my days. The man was a genius and a legend in every respect of the word. I really feel sick just thinking about him being gone.

RIP Steve, and thank for for making the world I live in so much more promising.

I have made a short video on my iPad2 using iMovie as a tribute to Steve. I made it before I even saw the other one posted in this thread. Its nothing "amazing", but for some reason I just had to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo4ObxLArXA

Last edited by a moderator:
  197 FF Glacier White

Speaking of genius! Interesting guy Mr Fry, his books were the first audiobooks I ever bought, transferred them onto my iphone and had them on in the car, on the loo, in work, in the bath etc etc etc, great books, compelling guy to listen to, and a funny guy to boot. That piece on Steve Jobs is as articulate as anything else Fry writes, so a bloody good read.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I work at Microsoft and our flag is at half mast. I have only ever known that happen when employees pass away. Nice touch.

i like that... we, and all the other retail stores throughout the world have turned out the light in our glowing Apple logo hanging from our ceiling too, plus the flags as Cupertino are at half mast.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
memorial_01.jpg

memorial_03.jpg

memorial_06.jpg

memorial_09.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
I loved the iPad candle tributes I saw in a video earlier.

iThink we should have some more Steve quotes in here, a true inspirational character.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
What annoys me about this, is when some bottom feeder like Jade Goody pops her clogs, the story is on every channel being rammed down your throat. Its almost as if this is old news already....:(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Words of Wisdom:
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to Heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition ... Stay hungry, Stay foolish."
"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick," said Jobs. "Don't lose faith." Despite his prickly reputation, this heartfelt commencement address is about as good as the genre gets: short, smart, poignant and uplifting. Discussing life, love and loss, the Apple co-founder hit all the right notes.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1898670_1898671_1898644,00.html #ixzz1a2mbMLrc

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Words of Wisdom:
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to Heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition ... Stay hungry, Stay foolish."
"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick," said Jobs. "Don't lose faith." Despite his prickly reputation, this heartfelt commencement address is about as good as the genre gets: short, smart, poignant and uplifting. Discussing life, love and loss, the Apple co-founder hit all the right notes.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1898670_1898671_1898644,00.html #ixzz1a2mbMLrc

I love that Luke, had read it somewhere yesterday but I thought it was worth quoting. Brilliant.

Just quickly glancing at the last 3 posts I thought you were having a conversation with yourself Chris LOL!

Then realised DeeKay had changed his avatar too. :eek:

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just quickly glancing at the last 3 posts I thought you were having a conversation with yourself Chris LOL!

Then realised DeeKay had changed his avatar too. :eek:

I also thought I was talking to myself when I had a look LOOOLL!!!

Inferno 182 CUP
People call me a geek when i talk about it .. but i genuinely nearly welled up when i heard .. he was such a hero people just don't get it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Walked past the apple store on regent street on the way back from the theatre last night. So many tributes, candles and well wishers. Oh and two idiots in line for the 4S