ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stevo172-RWD + Tools = Nutter

Some of you may know Stevo172-RWD has a project build in progress at the moment ...... a rear engined 172 Turbo :rasp:

Hes taking his time and will hopefully get things right first time.

All i know is he has some massive balls to be giving this a go.

Here's some sneaky pics for the time being (you will have to make do with the crappy quality)

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/2280667

Looks crazy, if all is successful then the next stage must be a twin engined 172? 4wd? One can only dream :)

Nah too much weight ...... id say more boost and a decent diff ;)

Or maybe throttle bodies enclosed in a custom inlet manfold linked to a turbo and supercharger ...... with Nitrous :evil:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
would be intresting to see drive in a stright line and not eat tyres in 5 mins LOL

looks good though

80MPG BEEZA
i imagine getting the engine sitting in their is the easy bit its all the wiring and cooling and stuff that seems would be the hard part, depends how strong it is when its all put tofether aswell should be an oppurtunity for a good outcome

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
im working on it every hour spare i can so its ready for the airfield meet/sprint (local meet)sw
its not really cost that much so far either lol
so far id say £600 so far .
and id say 20hrs work

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I was considering putting my williams engine in the back of an old mini, and maybe a small 8psi boost if pheasable. I think if i do get around to it i would deffo beat your clio. Anyone wanna gimme a hand making it possible?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I was considering putting my williams engine in the back of an old mini, and maybe a small 8psi boost if pheasable. I think if i do get around to it i would deffo beat your clio. Anyone wanna gimme a hand making it possible?
yh deffo mate.go on then!:rasp:

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Hope you plan to either weight up the front or have some good suspension to put on lol.

Car will handle silly. Good fun though.
50-60 litres of fuel ,battery,water injection water tank,washer fluid bottle too.about 100kgs.also i have some fk coilovers adj dampning.
well see.;)