ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stick with 4-2-1 182 manifold on a 172 cup or go back to 4-1 ?

ClioSport 172 Cup
Seeing as I was sold a bent 182 manifold on Ebay and I`m now looking at getting another one(straight, not bent). Do I stick with the 182 manifold or go back to my 172 mani?
It would be nice to see the actual true gains from the 182 manifold over the 172 on paper. At the moment I am in the belief that I am definitely making more torque down low, but is it all in my head? I`ve driven with the 182 manifold for nearly 6 months now and if going back to my 172 manifold is going to be a downgrade in terms of overal torque/power then I don`t want to do it!
The biggest bonus of going back to my 172 manifold is the saving of not having to get another 182 manifold. But if thats going to ruin this nice low down torque i`m getting?? I use the car just for daily driving and having torque down low is nice. I was also wondering whether the 182 manifold really does make any extra torque, because surely it is the VVT that gives that low down boost as the cam timing is adjusted?

Samuel

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I went from 172 Manifold to 182 Manifold with Sport CAT.

I lost 3bhp with the 182 fitted but gained 7lbft Torque leaving me with 171bhp and 159lbft Torque, the only think I really noticed with the swap was the 'smoothing' of the kick higher in the rev range.

182 Manifold also makes it much easier to swap between CAT and DeCAT.

If you can get one cheap enough then its worth it, but not for £100+ its not

Ph1
You won't loose out either way. They excel in different area's.

For maintenance the 182 winds hands down so imo i would go 182

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
bog standard as it left the box vs 182 manifold, matched inlets and k-tec stealth

10102009056.jpg10102009057.jpg

best mod i done.