ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stickers/Decals... are they chav

Abarth 500

each to their own, but i hateeeeeeeeee when people put the stickers on and they havent even got the parts, theres a bird where i live with a huuuugeee list of stuff on her can but she aint got one single thing of them on her car, wtf? dumb blonde, makes me smile everytime i go get a takeaway though :D

Mini Cooper S sport

I dont like stickers on car bodywork, they generally look a bit crap. The 172 is a nice car as it is and stickers wont make it look better.

I believe the expression goes gilding the lily.

so what (if like me) your going for the rally look??buckets, harnesses, roll cage, stripped out, spare wheel in the boot, white wheels, mudflaps (i know most of you hate mudflaps) and have big OMP stickers and stuff?

IMO it looks good, and most people look at my car and instantly start talking rally stuff

Quote: Originally posted by mudflap boy on 26 July 2005
IMO it looks good, and most people look at my car and instantly start talking rally stuff

can you post pics of your car then please, as when i see shopping lists on the side of cars, rally cars are certainly not the 1st thing i think of, in fact, i cant recall many rally cars with shopping lists down the side :confused:

LOTS!

I think the rally look can be spot on if done well. I was gonna do that to my 106GTi as the paint started to look tired - couldnt afford a re-spray so thought about just plastering it in rally decals... didnt do it in the end!

Ive still got the fooking massive Cliosport stickers on the side and the bonnet from FCS! lol

Apart from that Ive only got a little cliosport sticker on the rear window and a yozzasport sticker in the side window.

The big ones will be coming off after Donny South I think, though Ill then be driving around thinking my car looks naked/boring! lol

R

rich[182]

mate, if you wanna go the stickers route you do what you want, dont have to justify it imho, dont give a s**t what anyone else thinks, if you likem do it, simple as

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 26 July 2005
rally cars are certainly not the 1st thing i think of, in fact, i cant recall many rally cars with shopping lists down the side :confused:

http://misawamokei.ld.infoseek.co.jp/cont/saku/car/evo7f/evo7_10.jpg

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/focus_00/focus_wrc/gra/focuswrc00_lateral.jpg

Not the doors but same idea:

http://www.bwtf.com/binaltech/smokescreen/comparison.jpg

IMO it only works if:

- Youre sponsored by the company or receive discounts in exchange for promotion.

- Its promoting yours or a mates company.

- Its a race / track car.

Not sure really mate. At least they are not massive.

Ive got the Renaultsport logo in the back two side windows in kind of an etched glass effect and I think they look cool, but I did take the nasty ELF Renault one out of the back window.

Nooo take them off !
why advertise the companies you have the stickers for ?
they dont pay you do they ?

waayyy to chav.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 26 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by mudflap boy on 26 July 2005

can you post pics of your car then please, as when i see shopping lists on the side of cars, rally cars are certainly not the 1st thing i think of, in fact, i cant recall many rally cars with shopping lists down the side :confused:
sorry mate you misunderstood me, i didt mean down the door, i just big stickers on rear quarters, and stuff not the lil chrome ripseed jobbies from halfords lined up down the front of the door

Cupped 182 with Milltek

Sorry,but Brembo stickers on standard calipers...they gotta go smaks more of wannabe than anything else!anybody that knows will merely shake their head in despair IMO :cry: .I prefer the stealth look,all mods under the skin unless essentially visible,exhaust etc!But heh, whatever floats your boat mate.If we were all the same it would be a dull world.(unless you fit an exhaust so big you fit small child into it and other pointless money wasting mods that make an 8 year olds jaw drop..ie thats a BIG exhaust it must be really fast!!

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 26 July 2005

i dont like them tbh, think they make it look a bit cheap, just look how extreme this person has gone wit them (2nd one down) :sick:
Oh dear! He didnt know when to stop did he?

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone see that reg available on the same page?

A 172 CUP :cool: cost £2.5k though

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by bax_cup on 26 July 2005

TROPHY stickers on the sideskirts anyone? ;)
WILLIAMS decals on the sides and back;)

there completely different though really arent they, they look ggod:D

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I think it depends, like people have said if theres alpine HKS Geddy etc all over a saxo it looks crap but ive just had these made up for a show later this year and im sure ill get the same reaction

but every name on the stickers is on the car!! http://www.spc.org.uk/ford/i/rs-focus-05.jpg

Apart from pirelli and they have been removed for club web addy stickers!

[Edited by RS-Steve on 26 July 2005 at 10:10pm]

Mini Cooper S sport

That looks wicked for a car show/track day...but its a bit OTT for day to day though.

Anyway, at least a FRS is a performance car.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

yeah theyll be gone after the show etc but ill get the same comments ill put money on it!!

Its the lads choice at the end of the day and as said before if there on the car and look ok i cant see a prob unless it looks cheap!! It was an option on the 182 i believe i remember seeing a 182 at the motor show with the lists down the side!!

If you really go to town like RS-Steve though I think it becomes ok again, makes it look like a rally car or something. I remember someone spending a fortune getting full WRC decals for their Evo from Japan, is that "chav"?

Somewhat ironically the only negative comments Ive got about my car are regarding the ClioSport sticker (small internal opposite the Elf one in back window), nothing screams chav more than a URL stuck on a car in most peoples eyes!

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can tell straight away those calipers aint Brembo...

i had ClioSport stickers on my last car, dont want any at all on this one

Golf R/Leon FR

personally i dont like the stickers, but if you like them keep them, its your car so you do want you want to it.

i only have two cliopsort stickers on mine

Remapped derv Golf

Reminds me of my mates old 1.6 mk3 cavalier when we were 19.

He had Pioneer (big sticker) on the back window but he only had the standard Gundig tape player and philips speakers.

He had Clifford as well but no alarm

He had VAUXHALL across the windscreen.

Hes not a chav but we did laugh.

"Navy" N17 TWO

Im waiting on a few stickers for mine

large CS sticker on rear window
small CS sticker and a small Tigger on skirts

maybe something funny on my fuel cap or rear side windows - still deciding on that part :confused: