ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticking handbrake

Laguna 2, Westfield
Need some help guys..
Whenever i put the handbrake on (W plate clio ) - rear drums. it gets stuck after i have left it for a little while.....
i dont just mean when its just slightly stuck after being left for a while like you sometimes get

its fully on and it makes you look like you cant drive lol i have to roll forwards and back for ages sometimes to get it to release..

It did it once also after i just braked pulling up for my drive(didnt use handbrake) so i dont want to drive it. It seems worse if you reverse after the handbrake has been on..
Any help with what bits i might need before i pull them apart to have a look?
Cheers guys.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Yeah my brakes tend to stick when the cars been left, normally in wet conditions. I've got discs all round though. I've resorted to not putting my handbrake on tighlty at all, but you could probably push my car with the handbrake on the amount I actually leave it on in order for the brakes not to seize.

Gotta love the feeling of hill start and then a sudden loud clunk when they free up. :(

Best take the drums off and replace the drums they sound like there quite worn.

Part of the Renault services ever other service is to take the drums off and grease check and clean the rear brakes there been so many problems with them failing when there not serviced.
There much better than disks though IMO.