ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticking PAS pump pulley (video)

th_1C030992-F948-4E7A-8114-21E329296BEC-8384-0000050CC03F5FFB_zps8a671b35.jpg

If you keep watching the pulley, everytime I reach full lock on the steering wheel it starts slowing down/getting stuck. I only did it very briefly in the video but if done for a prolonged time the pulley actually stops and the aux belt slips. I'm going to replace the PAS pump as I'm pretty sure that is what is at fault but just hoping someone in the know could confirm it's the PAS pump at fault?

The belt is pretty tight tbh, I did think about tightening it but was worried about it being too tight and damaging the bearings in the other pulleys.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah the belt is not tight enough, when you turn your steering you are putting the PAS pump under load and this is why the PAS pump seems to be slowing down because the belt is slipping.
Tighting the belt up a little bit more and try it again, do it bit by bit until the slipping stops.