ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiffer springs for my FK's...

Megane Sport F1 :)
Hey,

Iv currently got FK Highsports on my 172. I find them abit bouncy and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction for some really stiff springs that I could use with the FK strut. Maybe a daft question but can any brand springs be added or must they be FK? Surely there all the same..?

Thanks in advance,

​David

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you find them bouncy, then they are underdamped for the spring you have I would have thought.

In which case you want either a stiffer damper or a weaker spring to solve that, going harder on the spring sounds like it will make it worse.

But then you might mean something different by "bouncy" to what I do.

Perhaps describe the problem a little better?

In terms of the springs though, just measure the ID and uncompressed length and buy some from rally designs etc. its not make specific

Megane Sport F1 :)
Sorry I should have been abit clearer. What I mean is I'm after some harder springs so that the car doesn't move as much when I go over bumps etc. I'm assuming its stiffer springs I'd need for that as appose to dampers?