ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still confused 182 suspension fitment!!!!!

What is the difference between the non cup and cupped 182 supension fitment?

I know for a fact that there is a difference between the 172 and non cupped 182 as ive tried to have some fitted to my non cupped 182.... The angle of the bolt holes I understand for my model and the late 172 is 58mm bolt spacing but the non cupped 182 bolt holes are at a slightly different angle so camber will be all messed up!!

why doesnt the stuff for the 182 cup fit the 182 non cup? Same spacing??

Im pulling my hair out here trying to understand what is going on!!

172 stuff is not right for my car 182 stuff seems to be not right for my car, argh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can fit koni shocks for the 172 to my non cupped 182 but will need to buy camber correction bolts in order for it to all line up properly which dont seem right to be fair I want them to just bolt on and be on properly without the aid of these bolts.............

Rob
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
I got confused just reading that! I think the non cup 182 is about the same as the cupped 172.

But I think on most cars if you want to do a pukka job you should really have the camber / geometry checked and adjusted to suit. If you need to do this through bolts then so be it.

tiTTy & SV650
182 cup and 182 have different hubs or some sort of spacing anyway.

I'm led to believe SOME 172 suspension kits fit un cup'd 182's yozzasport stated this in a groupbuy thread I think.

Maz

LY 200
FF 182 have 58mm bolt spacing and iirc 182/172 cups are 54mm (but I may be wrong) :) or the other way round .. god I can't remember now .. pmsl ..

Cuped 182 have 58 or 60mm yubs (I'm sure its 60mm)
172 of all spec and all none Cuped 182's have 54mm hubs
This is why the none Cuped 182 can use the old stuff the only issue was always that the hubs didn't fit . You can always bodge them to fit anyway by drilling 172 hub shocks out a bit and using camber bolts to give you that bit more but its not a very good idea the best idea is to have the proper shock.
It is only the front hub shock spacing which is different on all CLios all stuff apart from this bit is retrofittable.

Interestingly a set og Mk2 none RS stuff with some camber bolts would fit a Cuped 182 without any issue. Its just noone rised trying it. You might have needed heavier springs bit take a bit of weight ie battery out and the front end weight of both a dci/1.6/1.4 woulf be close to a 2.0 anyway so it might not have been an issue at all.

Nissan 350Z
So basically, is there any point at all in trying to better a non cup pack 182 suspension if all it is, is a bodge job?

Trust me to end buying the most none upgradable RS of all. :rolleyes:

pbirkett said:
So basically, is there any point at all in trying to better a non cup pack 182 suspension if all it is, is a bodge job?

Trust me to end buying the most none upgradable RS of all. :rolleyes:

This is how im starting to feel mate!

Maz and all the non cupped 182 is most definatly 58mm bolt spacing not sure whether that is the difference (bolt spacing) between the cup and non cup??

As I said its the angle of the bolt holes that is different from the 172 so as far as fitting 172 koni shocks to my non cup 182 it is not a straight forward swap camber bolts will be needed for it to line up properly!

What I dont get though is that ktec say koni 172 and non cupped 182 are the same but I know different coz ive seen it for myself at BBPT who was gonna fit them for me!!

Who knows for a fact that there are different size bolt spacing for the cup and non cup 182, coz im sure that they are the same???

So far my only option is to have the 172 koni shocks fitted and use the camber bolts to enable it to be lined up, whats peoples views on this please?

cheers
Rob.

rory182 said:
dont really see the problem with using camber bolts

Have you had any experience with them Rory?

Reliability, durability??

Can they be adjusted accordingly when I get my tracking done from time to time?

Im just a little concerned as to how reliable this set up will be for my car?

Rob.

cup'd 182s have 60mm spacing, 172 (phase 1 & 2) FF and cups have the same fitment as each other but not sure of the measurement and i was under the impression that non cup'd 182's had the same spacing as those.

Hi Loony so the cupped 182 definatly has 60mm bolt hole spacing?

As above both the 172 and 182 non cup do have the same 58mm spacing but.....

From my experience I tried to get the koni shocks fitted to my 182 non cup at BBPT.
Andy who owns both a 172 and non cupped 182 said they was different he had some measuring tool, not sure what its called but he measured the distance of the bolts holes which was the same as 172 which we knew then measured the distance from the side of the shock to the bolt holes or top bolt hole and compared that to the mesurements on the car, hub bit?? And there was about 2.5mm or 3mm difference in the angle or distance to that of the car.....

So if fitting the shock you would have to completely upset the camber for the shock to go on and then use the camber bolts to bring it all back straight again, rather than everything just being a straight swap over like if it was a 172!!