ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STILL effected by virgins outage!

172 cup TT
hi all... Any clues on this before i call the rip off tech support tomorrow.... our virgin BB has been down since the "national outage" on the 18th... been using our crap Sky BB in the mean time due to being busy with xmas etc....

What do people advise? i dont want to be bent over by calling their tech support line telling me to reboot and sort Adaware etc etc... ive heard something about the MAC addys getting c**ked up due to this outage if that helps...

Also, when opening up my wireless monitor on my desktop - it shows how my PC is connected to my router by a nice green healthy line meaning connected fine, then another nice green line from the router to the virgin modem... summerising it all as "network working fine".. Just no internet... normally if a problem then it would have a red "unhealthy" line between router and modem ....

Any clues chaps? ta

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My first port of call would be to cancel any payments, they'll phone you then.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208

Post a screenshot here.

To log in, type 192.168.100.1 into your browser, modem dependant on how you log in.

Also, you are 100% legit I assume ;)

Apparently it went down around the 17th for a few hours.

“At 9.20pm last night, customers in a number of regions temporarily lost connectivity to their broadband and Video on Demand services. This occurred as a result of an error during a routine maintenance process which affected some customers’ modems and set top boxes. Broadcast television and telephone services were unaffected. Most of the problems occurred in the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands and the majority of affected customers regained their service shortly after midnight. Our engineers are currently working to restore the few remaining connections as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused”

As it's a genuine fault they will credit you back the cost of the call.

172 cup TT
Oggy: thanks ill try that tomorrow when house mates have finished with Sky for the night and report back then.. cheers

Day: Legit / cloned... no idea what you chaps mean there... sorry..

Dansta: ah, day filled you in.....

172 cup TT
Oggy - here you go chap as requested :

2 screen dumps...

"CABLE MODEM STATUS SCREEN"

and

"CABLE MODEM EVENT LOG SCREEN"

thanks

Attachments

• cablemodemstatus.JPG
    cablemodemstatus.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Cablemodemeventlog.JPG
    Cablemodemeventlog.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 124
  172 cup TT
Problem solved - called a sneaky 0114 tech support num from "saynoto0870.com" and it turned out that the outage caused my mac addy to be deleted from the system... in other words, virgin were sending a signal to nowhere...

thanks for everyones help anyway
Ta