ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still not fixed - overfuelling

CLIO 172 2003
Ok guys this still isint fixed

here is a list of things that have been changed

throttle body
pedal
coolant temp sensor
tdc sensor
air flow sensor
plugs
ht leads
coil pack
knock sensor
inletmanifold siliconed
checked fuel pump

and still the f:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: thing will not idle or run,
its like its overfuelling, it backfires and idles like crazy then dies.

Also giving no fault codes

i dont know how much more i can take

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You say it won't idle OR run and its like its overfuelling? How did you come to the overfuelling verdict? When did it last run correctly? Was anything carried out maintenence wise prior to the fault? Has anyone had the engine running since in ANY form... missing, lumpy, refusing to rev, etc?

So its been on 3 different diagnostic rigs but what have they been doing, simply looking for fault codes? I'd be very suprised if it showed a fault code for a fault that is most likely being caused by a blockage or errorneous sensor values or possibly even incorrect timing! Live data should hold the answer to your problems but first things first, compression test it and check the basics such as exhaust system for blockages/restrictions and confirm the timing is bang on. Might also be worth having the injectors checked.

Mick

CLIO 172 2003
Hi, this is my third thread on this now mate,

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ting-desperate-now-throttle-pedometer-testing

and in there is a link to my 1st thread.

They have had live data up while its been idling like mad and driving and its not given no clues.

The enging does start on the button but revs up and down and dies, if you keep the pedal down it will run and back fire and all sorts, but its undriveable.

Ive been told its not the injectors as it run okish at very high revs, and there is smoke coming from the rear so exhaust seems ok.

Im sick to death of it now, im concidering selling it with the fault, it might only be something silly but ive had enough.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Things to bare in mind:
  • Exhaust - Just because the exhaust has an obvious emission output doesn't mean the system doesn't have a blockage... but that's just my opinion.
  • Injectors - If the spray pattern or flow rate isn't correct the ECM will be unable to correctly control them at low to medium load/revs... They will need checking at some point as they don't last forever!
  • Engine operation/health - Confirm the timing, carry out a compression test it and then go from there.
  • Fuel supply - Has the vehicle got a good, steady fuel supply with a constant pressure?
There's loads of things to look at that need to be checked and ruled out... not everything can be fixed simply by plugging in a computer and some problems require proper diagnostics/fault finding.

Monaco
Things to bare in mind:

• Exhaust - Just because the exhaust has an obvious emission output doesn't mean the system doesn't have a blockage... but that's just my opinion.
  • Injectors - If the spray pattern or flow rate isn't correct the ECM will be unable to correctly control them at low to medium load/revs... They will need checking at some point as they don't last forever!
  • Engine operation/health - Confirm the timing, carry out a compression test it and then go from there.
  • Fuel supply - Has the vehicle got a good, steady fuel supply with a constant pressure?
There's loads of things to look at that need to be checked and ruled out... not everything can be fixed simply by plugging in a computer and some problems require proper diagnostics/fault finding.

Check this. I had this problem and the Cat was the cause...

CLIO 172 2003
Things to bare in mind:

so shall i basically follow the list ?
thanks

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
my old clio was over fueling, changed a stupid amount of stuff in the engine, changing both the upper and lower lambda sensors helped, but it wasn't totally fixed.

I solved the problem when I part exchanged it for my current clio, job done lol.

Clio v6 255
Is it backfiring or misfiring? In othe posts you've said misfire. Backfire is combustion in the exhaust, misfire is no combustion in the cylinder. Have you checked the oil seals, I had a similar lumpy idle and intermitent misfire when the seals had perished and oil was entering the cylinders.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
@ Banjo - If oil was entering the cylinders it would be smoking its tits off whilst running (in any fashion) and the only butile seals that would allow oil to enter the cylinders would be valve stem seals. Failing that it would be either piston rings and/or cylinder head gasket at fault... but that's IF there's oil in the bores. If the engine won't run to observe pressence of blue smoke on running a visual inspection of the bores with a torch will show if there's oil sneaking in one or more cylinders.

@ Locust - Yes, confirm all the basics are correct first so; Fuel supply (Pressure & Flow), Compression, Timing, Injectors (Spray pattern, Electrical state & flow rate), etc...

Mick

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This is EXACTLY what's happening with my car. Any joy on how it was fixed? I'm going mental here.