ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still seems to wander about! WHY???

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why do you need the part # posted. Go into Ren ask for bushes, they order, it's quite simple.

Depends if your local renault dealer are useless spacktards or not TBH though mate.

Its that little bit more idiot proof if you have the proper part numbers to order.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Speaking of your mates Fred, that parts guy Adam you recommend is absolutely tops, you have trained him up fantastically well!

The number of engine parts that I ordered today where he said "Fred makes me keep those in stock" was nuts, he had almost a whole 172 engine in stock, FLOL

Thanks for the tip!

GSXR + KDX220
Gonna try get under the car (again) tomorrow and check the rack bushes, didnt have time today whilst doing brakes!

Ive also noticed its alot worse for pulling itself about under acceleration, but if I let off and turn the wheel side to side it handles "normally" and feels responsive and doesnt duck and dive.

Then as soon as Im back on the throttle it'll pull around again, does this narrow it down??

Gonna try get under the car (again) tomorrow and check the rack bushes, didnt have time today whilst doing brakes!

Ive also noticed its alot worse for pulling itself about under acceleration, but if I let off and turn the wheel side to side it handles "normally" and feels responsive and doesnt duck and dive.

Then as soon as Im back on the throttle it'll pull around again, does this narrow it down??

Look back to what i suggested weeks ago , i would have my money on inner wishbone bushes .

GSXR + KDX220
Hi
Doe's the streering wheel feel lighter than it did ??

It does under hard acceleration, and if I loosely hold it, it will want to pull about at the slightest dip in the road and/or if I steer it slightly it'll grab and keep pulling that way. But only when accelerating.

Look back to what i suggested weeks ago , i would have my money on inner wishbone bushes
Will do mate, I was just gonna start with the cheaper possibility first and go from there ;)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Could be worth checking you have 2 of the same wishbones I only say this because I had 2 different ones and it was quite a noticeable pull when I was on throttle.

even dips on the motorway was snatching at the steering a bit.

GSXR + KDX220
Im pretty sure they're the same, its always been find until this problem started. I'll definately check them though.

GSXR + KDX220
Not yet, had a look under the car and tried Chip's trick of trying to move the wheels by hand whilst steering lock is on, but could see no movement from the bushes/rack and they look in good nick tbh.

Going to get some new genuine wishbones and ball joints and go from there ;)

GSXR + KDX220
Little update:

Its been a little while coming but I've fitted new rack bushes, ordered some new genuine wishbones with balljoints, new Koni yellows all round, new ARB bushes, and been debating whether to get some Pure top mounts or new OEM ones. I think I'm gonna go with new OEM ones though, even though I do track the car a few times a year, I dont want it to be TOO harsh as its my everyday car :)

Once these are all fitted Im hoping it'll handle properly again!! After doing the tracking obviously ;)

GSXR + KDX220
I was seriously considering it, but as I said about harshness as its my daily, and not sure I can stretch to the full kit with brace right now after getting all the other bits :/

If I do end up going for the pms ones it'll have to be mounts only for now, but is it worthit on their own over new OEM?

GSXR + KDX220
Well I figure it'll be more harsh than rubber anyway, and Ive certainly read up on them on here :)

The brace will HAVE to wait for now, but I could get the mounts I guess.....;)

GSXR + KDX220
Pure top mounts on the way :) I'm sorry Fred but couldn't stretch to the brace just yet but I'm sure the mounts will be better than my original ones!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just read through this thread too, I've had similar issues.

Did you ever sort it out?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Just read through this thread too, I've had similar issues.

me too, curious! im going to the garage tomorrow over at cit-ren il get my mate karl to look at the rack bushes on mine.
might explain a thing or two. my clios steering wheel is off to the left and pulls to the right under acceleration too.
will post outcome.

GSXR + KDX220
Tbh, no Its not solved!

The only thing left is the rack itself (it did use to click and creak at low speed) , so will be doing the EPAS conversion at the same time very soon ;)