ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN!!! Williams + Scooby

120d Sport
Best thing to have on your car is anti - hijack...even if they had the keys they would only get a few yards down the road before youre car would cut out and alarm would sound.

Not bad considering you can get them fitted for £120 now.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
there are apparenlty differant trackers avaliable. this one came on the car when she bought it.

I also thought trackers were on 24 - 7. So i was very suprised when they told me they couldnt find it.

The anti hijack wasnt avalible when i had my alarm fitted, but its on the cards as soon as i get the car back home.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
They may have a scrambler in the car - my mate uses one at car auctions so no one can make or recieve phone calls whilst bidding for other people. A scrambler will interfere with any signals the tracker gives off to over head satellites. Cant see it myself though for a £5k car

so if the car has a tracker and it doesn't work what can you do, as the tracker company must accept some financial responsibility for it?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I got a tracker on my lorry at work after they fitted it i thought i would have a nose round to see if i could find it,took me about 5 minutes,it was behind one of the dash panels and even found an in-line fuse which cut it off,so maybe there not as good as there cracked up to be

Vee dub
I really really hope you find the people responsible

Glad the willy is back in one piece and that no-one was hurt.... hope the gf's car gets found too.

Tom

The Tube
Seems to be a regular occurence lately, my next door neighbour had her house broken into and her Golf V5 stolen off her drive yesterday.

F*cking country's going to the dogs.........

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Not all trackers are gps, some are just radio frequency and the police use some radar thing to find the rf beacon ones, these are harder to find though as the signal bounces off builings ect.

As for tracker company accepting responsibility, LOL, theyl have some clause in the small print that excludes liability i bet.

Hope you get the scooby back. Ive never had a car stolen but then again iv only had a car for 8months lol, but can imagine wht it feels like. Glad you got one of them back.

LY V6 with Recaros
Some people are absoute scum, glad you got the clio back in one peice though, hope you find the scooby too

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
if I leave my car at home, I always take both sets of keys to work with me (even though the car is locked away in the garage) and I always keep them upstairs in the bedroom every night, its not worth it the way things are going.

DC5
I thought the same about Trackers. They are on all of the time and can pin point where the car is. Not true though.

My dads had a tracker when that went missing. He had to search every where for his tracker card to give them a code so they could turn it on. But instead of just giving a location, you have to wait for a cop car to be within a certain distance to pick up the signal coming from the device. So if you take it to the middle of no where the chances are it will never be picked up.

I assume there are different systems out there though.

Hope they find it mate!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Thanks guys.

I now have some pictures of the subaru that i will post once i can transfer them off my phone.

Still no news on her car and mine hasnt yet been given back to me from the compound.

Once again can you keep your eyes open for a 95 M WRX with the reg plate M379 YWE

With thanks
northy

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Guys - these are the only pictures we can now find of her car.

If anyone has anymore they have taken in the 3 months she has owned it can you post them up here please.

please feel free to copy the pictures to any other websites you can.

Thank you so much

northy & toni

Tonisscooby2.jpg

Tonisscooby.jpg

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
YES !

But like i have said to toni - when or if you get it back. Then you can make the decison if your KEEPING it or selling it.

Things like loosing insurance no claims and the huge expense play a very big part in ourselves wanting to recover the car.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
This scooby was mint - one of the most aggresive looking Subaru's ive seen. It has a very small number plate on the front now with " capable of evading high speed pursuit" as a logo

Just dragging this back up. Did they ever find the Scooby ??
How bad was the williams ? (i looked at the pics of it in the police pound thing & it looked ok) did they f*ck anything up on it ?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Apparently they had masterbated all over the front seats but Northy insisted on cleaning that up himself - apart from that its fine

Beetle
:clown:

dont think there was much wrong with the willy, and afaik theres no news on the scoob yet.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
cat171 said:
are you joking ? (please tell me its a wind up)

what about the scooby ?

It is true mate - he knew by licking the seat base. He did it a few times and they are quite clean now - looks much better

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215
yup! willy is back in his hands! no damage to the car which was a releif! but the scooby is still missing...

Silver 172 PhII
Glad you got at least one of the cars back.

A mate of mine at school had two big boxer dogs. They were huge but so docile that the worst you would get off them was a big slobbery lick on the face. We used to have great fun with tem. That was until somone broke into their house one night - they heard a noise came downstairs and found the tip of somone's finger next to a window which had been opened. They had large 'Beware of the Dog' type notices up not as the dogs were dangerous but more as their size would worry people. My parents also have a dog which goes mad as soon as somone approaches the house (it's a collie cross so likes to protect her flock!). I know dogs aren't ideal for everyone (they need looking after like big kids) but as a safety and security thing if you get the right breed they are fantastic.

I live on a street with no off street parking so unless they are watching all the houses they don't know which car belongs to which house. Only downside is that people tend to bump park...

My house has been robbed before, but since I got a dog, around 10yrs ago, Ive never had a problem since. I dont actually think I would like a house without a dog now, crazy but true.

I leave my keys in the kitchen in full view. But i'd dare anyone to try and get in there to take them!

I think our 5 year old rotty might have something to say about that! lol

CIMG1286.jpg

All the local scumbags know we have him, and most of them wont steal from their own doorstep anyway.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Guilbert said:
I leave my keys in the kitchen in full view. But i'd dare anyone to try and get in there to take them!

I think our 5 year old rotty might have something to say about that! lol

CIMG1286.jpg

All the local scumbags know we have him, and most of them wont steal from their own doorstep anyway.

looks like phil mitchell in eastends!