ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

again real sorry to here this mate, hope you get everything sorted quickly and with minimum hassle

in other countries yeah they do cut thieves hands off - should be the same here

Patio doors are the easiest door to break into. I know this as my dad has fitted double glazed windows for over 20 years, and we have had to break into his house before, with nothing less than a multi tool what you can buy from halfords etc

If you know what you are doing its easy. Conservatory doors would be a tad harder, but again you could get in if you know what you are doing.

Best bet is to get an alarm or some extra security on your house, get extra bolts etc for the doors windows, as these will make it much harder to get into the house.

Sorry about your car though.

[Edited by Guilbert on 24 April 2005 at 7:15pm]

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

I think your car was stolen to order, its propably in a cargo container in a local port on its way to africa, just like our shogun. broke into the house, took all our keys, we were trapped in they just took the car without breaking in.

i also herd the same story about a guy whos keys were stolen and they took his car out of the garage in the night and he didnt notice untill about 4pm the next day, he had a £91K porsche 911. gutted.

its a sh*tty feeling, hope u get paid out well.

Silver 182 F/F

Police thought it was stolen to order thats why they left the TF but caused misery by taking keys.How much would some one really want to pay for a car that you could pick up for £11k new taking the risk for 5-6k difference i guess doesnt seem worth it to me.

Skoda Fabia vRS

easiest thing to do mate about the TF, is take some important fuses out the fuse box...

i wouldnt have thought a thief would go to the effort of openin the bonnet and havin a look in their

Shhh

Same story with bikes mate. As they have the car key...(do they have both) they now will be able to ring the car and pass it on. The reg will be changed and make a tidy sum. I expect it too sell for 3k maybe on the market.

Me thinks you will see it in 1yrs time once the company have paid out.

Pikey Truck

Sorry to hear about that mate...

scum ov this country... to lazy to work hard for a living...!!!

-=chris=-

GRRRRRRRRR

Sometimes I wonder if places like Saudi have the right idea - chop the hands off of people who steal, they wont be doing it again in a hurry then... :mad:

Hope you can get it sorted out mate but, to be honest, I think an insurance payout will be the best option - itd just be like how you feel about your house, knowing some filthy scum has had their thieving hands on it and ragged it without your permission.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah sorry to see that :( i know it pissed me off when someone took all my head unit subs and amp, let alone my whole car !

But on the point of people claiming against you if injured in your home, you could put a disclaimer on the wall that says somthing like "By entering these premises you agree that the property owner is exempt from all an any injury received as a result of your own actions upon this property" Then you stick shot guns linked to all the doors :) and let em walk about

i mean the clampers put those signs on car parks and you cant do anything to them in court, so if you put them on your house im sure it would stick in court ? and one got a view on this ..

Could be an idea... I think you can have broken-bottle-glass topped brick walls and razor wire and its fine as long as you put up a sign saying anti-burglary measures are in place.

Nevermind that fact that the ****s shouldnt be doing it in the first place...

Silver 182 F/F

No they dont have both key sets,i have spares for both cars.Not that there much use now.When they entered the house they didnt take anything else apart from all the house keys,walked past mobile phones ipod didnt touch a single thing so must have been just after car if MG werent bust they might have took both.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Sorry to hear about what has happened. I keep all my vaulable stuff in my safe (which is fixed to a wall, and hidden). That counts for my car keys, CD face off, Snooper, MP3 player, etc, etc...

I would suggest getting a safe, to keep these things locked away safe. Let us know how things go? Post an update as soon as poss.

Good luck!

Ive had the same thing twice. First time both cars, second time the keys to the wifes car. You can claim for new locks on the TF through house insurance, therefore not risking your no claims. If your car does go missing without you having both sets, you might not be insured. My insurer wanted the car garaged untill the locks were changed.

Jonathan

Renault Clio 182

was gutted to hear this story,really feel for you.

havent even got mine yet but thinking about the measures to stop someone stealing it from the house,and does anybody know the best way (allegedly) to legally maim any would be thief?:devilish:

thievin smackhead scumbags make me sick.

RS4

feel for you mate happen to me aswell, 4am in the morning heard some banging woke up an found some guy had jus somehow knicked the keys to my mums car, he didnt take the car, but i think he was searching for my car keys

mum lost 2yrd ncb for a new car alarm and locks, coz we didnt have a spare key.

should have their hands chopped off!!!!

Silver 182 F/F

Household insurance will not pay for locks on MG,and the wifes car insurance will only pay £100 has a gesture of goodwill but that doesnt affect here no claims,the locks are costing £429.For those worried about there cars,like the police told me,only if they get the keys do these things go missing so make sure you take your keys with you where ever you go or lock them in a safe.

DC5

Sorry for you mate. Same thing happened at my place. They broke in to house for my dads car keys to his Leon Cupra R, and took my mums keys to her TF. She got her keys re-programmed at the local dealer, I think it cost about £80. Means they could get in to the car with the keys, but wouldnt be able to drive off in it.

Luckily I didnt get my 172 Cup until a week later. But it is worrying knowing they can get in your house so easy. We were upstairs in bed at the time.

I had my first car stolen. Not nice. Hope they catch the f****ers!

Silver 182 F/F

Bezza what year is yours mums TF.Been down to my dealers and they say they cant do that.Ours is a 04 reg.

cheers