ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stop and handbrake light flashing

Suzuki Ignis Sport
iirc it means that your brake fluid levels are low, should get them checked out.

02' PH1 172
is there a certain type of fluid i have to put in or will ony old stuff do??
thanks for the info guys :)

Octavia vRS tfsi
Used happen in a Phase1 172 that I had. It was time to change the pads and fluid regardless, but this stopped happening also afterwards.

I changed both, so I don't know which actually cured the problem.

Blue Sport 182
mine was doing this aswell mate, was just the brake fluid low so when i put my foot down or was going up hill, the level was coming below the sensor. Topped up and sorted :) altho i must say its not in the most accessable place

Clio 182 cup
I've had the same problem with my 182 however the lights only seem to come on when i'm doing a long left turn. The lights both come on but as soon as i starighten up they go off.

Thought it was a bit strange as it doesnt on long right hand turns.

Think my break discs are quite worn by now so that would make sense.

Cheers

Megane 230 R26
Mine does it regularly, it's related to lateral-G.

I've been told it's related to pads/fluid but the pads aren't worn much and the fluid is just below max... it's just poor design imo as they haven't taken into account the movement of the fluid due to G-force.

It happens on any long sweeping left-hand bend (same as Fien has found) e.g. a spiralling sliproad, the lights either flicker or come on solid for a period of time, I ease off to see if they're going to go out and they do so after 1-3 seconds depending on how it feels. Also happens if accelerating up a fairly long hill.

Irritating but seems there's no fix as none of the supposed fault conditions are present on my car :(

Megane 230 R26
Think my break discs are quite worn by now so that would make sense.

You may not ever solve it if it's the same as mine, it's done it since I got it, and the discs/pads weren't too worn then and still aren't too worn now. Seems to me it's just a design fault :dapprove:

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Mine only just started doing this.

It had an interim service and MOT last month with no advisories, could it still be brake fluid/pads?

Clio 182 cup
Thought it might have just been a design fault as it only comes on with long sweeping left hand turns. At least i know now though if it comes on at any other time i better had check the brake fluid and pads.

Cheers

You may not ever solve it if it's the same as mine, it's done it since I got it, and the discs/pads weren't too worn then and still aren't too worn now. Seems to me it's just a design fault :dapprove:
Its not a design fault just faulty sensors can happen best thing is make sure its always topped up and your brakes are bled.