ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stopwatch 0-60

I know this subject has been up a few times but yesterday I did a few 0-60 runs. I used a mobile phone to time it. The thing is I had it in a phone holder, so first I had to press it, then start going (Some time added there), then I went up to about 65 (to take into account the speedo being out) then had to press the button (more time added)

My car is standard (1.6 16v 110bhp) stated time by renault is 9.6sec

I did it in 8.6sec which would probably be 8 secs with proper timing equipment?

Is it my timing that is wrong (Which I cant see as it could only be quicker) Or are renault lying????

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Might be close ish, the mk1 RSI Clio had around 110bhp and did 0-60 in 8 seconds, dunno how heavy yours is compared to the mk1 though.

Oakley - meet up with me some time this week if you want and use the AP22. 8 seconds seems a touch optimistic maybe?

Rhys

Any evening this week. Tonight is fine if youre not up to anything. Some time between 7pm and 9pm? You got some roads in mind? I usually use a flat piece of road out in Derbyshire so if youve got somewhere close enough and quiet enough well use that.

Rhys

Cant tonight got to take the girlfriend to MeadowHELL But Ill def do it some time this week. I did the runs yesterday on the A61 as the is 3 parking lay-bys on the way in to Chesterfield, its pretty flat and national speed limit so no laws broken LOL!!! and its quiet.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by zedx19 on 07 April 2003

Might be close ish, the mk1 RSI Clio had around 110bhp and did 0-60 in 8 seconds, dunno how heavy yours is compared to the mk1 though.
NO WAY! Do you mean the 1.8 16v? Cause mines 137bhp standard & does it in just under 8 secs.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

No I mean the RSI, 1.8 8v with 110bhp, 0-60=mid 8 seconds
1.8 16v Clio with 137bhp, 0-60=mid 7 seconds
2.0 16v Clio with 150bhp, 0-60=mid 7 seconds

My 0-60mph runs in the Willy with the AP22 have ranged between a low of 7.11 seconds and as high as 8.2 seconds depending on start/temperature/lie of the land/gears used/change point etc. etc.

Done it with and without induction kit and de-cat and not seen much, if any, difference! Going back to using cat and standard airbox now.

A61 is the Chesterfield bypass right? Chose a day this week and well go out there and try with the AP22 gizmo.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

IM experiance a GOOD IK works best with an Xorst for sheer speed but for quicker pick-up/response the original air box is better. De-cat meant it wouldnt put me back in my seat in my 16v but seems to work for 1/4 mile times in a Willy anyway. :confused:

Complicated issue IMHO.

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey16vClio on 07 April 2003
Complicated issue IMHO.
Yes, there can be no fixed figure for any car. It will always vary depending on fuel load, air pressure/altitude, humidity(?), temperature, driver skill, driver weight etc. etc. Best you can give in reality is a "best possible" figure and/or a range. As I said, from the testing so far in the Williams with the AP22, Im getting times between 7 and 8 seconds dependant on conditions at the time.

As far as the modifactions go, the car doesnt feel as good to drive with the cat on, but the times dont seem to change, so I can only conclude that Im just getting a psycological benefit to performance using a de-cat rather than a real one. Not saying its the same for everyone, just what Ive found over the last few days since getting the AP22.....

Rhys

Ill see when Im free Rhys and well meet up!

Did you buy the AP-22 Brand new? What bhp figures are you getting

Ps I replyed to you in the meetings room (RR day)

320d M Sport

when i lent adis AP22 the times compared to that and the stopwatch were surprisingly similar! about .3 seconds different, and that was an average i took.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Think Im gonna have to try this stopwatch thing on my way home...
Done it b4 with a digi camera strapped to the dash filming the speedo, came out as late 9 seconds, maybe 10 dead on up a small hill, thats on a 1.4RT mk1 phase 2.

You have to bear in mind that the speedos of renaults and most other cars are slightly optimistic so really when it says you are doing 60 its probably 57ish. The ap22 is the best way to go