ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storage for bolts, nuts, screws, fittings PLEASE

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hiya all,

Hope yall well.

I'm looking for a decent storage solution for nuts and bolts and screws and fittings and etc.

I have seen them before that holt to the wall with little plastic drawers that slide out. I'm wondering what makes are good, what are cheap and nasty etc. I have a decent sized wall that they can mount to.

Any suggestions /pictures etc very welcome!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
mixedboltbin-4.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not what your after but I’ve got a few Stanley fatmax organisers, saves running back and too, to the garage when you pick up the wrong size bolt.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
How many bolts you got?

I have a mix of Stanley fatmax and raaco boxes. They're both decent.

I also have a couple of these that are decent for the money Clicky

Or get a s**t load of the open bins but they'll get covered in dust.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
As above Stanley fatmax boxes. Bought a load when they had a deal in screwfix or somewhere for about a tenner each.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
My girlfriend bought me one of these 7-8 years ago, at first I thought Mac Allister.. that's going to be crap.. But it's actually pretty decent quality, sturdy and portable. I have a Racco handybox, and Stanley organisers etc. but the Mac Allister is where I keep my frequently used nuts and bolts.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Spent the best part of this week looking at these. Stressing myself out as I want something that will last me, I've seen mixed reviews of the raaco stuff and we even have one at work I discovered... Quality didn't look brilliant.

Man mathsed it and now £150 lighter but gone for one of each of these.

108 boxes in total which is a lovely amount, means I can really organise everything now. Comes with labels and dividers too which is even better.

The thing that sold it to be on these is that their target market are companies not home and DIY people.

Screenshot_20220212_133502_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220212_133427_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Reactions: Gus

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've got something similar to that

I think at some stage I'll upgrade to having wall racking and bins though. They're spot in for small nuts, bolts, washers etc but need something a bit bigger for the big stuff

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I’m building out my collection of these;

You basically just keep adding them, screwing them to the wall and then I have one of these that you can slot the container into when you want to transport some for a job. And you get different colours, so can distinguish between screws, bolts etc. I.e. use blue for bolts in increasing size order and red for screws, again put on the wall in increasing size order. If that makes sense..

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’m building out my collection of these;

You basically just keep adding them, screwing them to the wall and then I have one of these that you can slot the container into when you want to transport some for a job. And you get different colours, so can distinguish between screws, bolts etc. I.e. use blue for bolts in increasing size order and red for screws, again put on the wall in increasing size order. If that makes sense..

Do you use those for your £10's £20's and £50's?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Roses tins. I also have a drawer in the garage with an old kitchen cutlery divider fitted which is brimmed with allsorts of fasteners, it weighs a ton im expecting the drawer to break one day and make a right fu king mess.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I keep used stuff by size in old mayonnaise tubs she nicked from the Morrisons sandwich bar :)

New stuff is all super organised though in various divided tray things. I find it pleasing to do that.