ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange fault

Clio 172
Hey
Ive been experiencing a fault on a random basis, it wont happen for weeks then it will happen 2-3 times in a day or so,
what happens is when you put your foot down it drops power for about half a sec, splutters then decides it wants to go, it does it in every gear, also the idle seems to go really high ie 1500-3000 revs, the only way to stop it is to pull over turn the car off it wont start straight away so you have to wait 5 mins, then when it fires up sometimes the problem is resolved or you have to wait another 5 mins??
any1 got any ideas? the car is a 02 plate 172, with 66k on the clock
thanks

Clio 172
yeah I just swoped out the lambda sensors, and I was goin to change the coilpack next,but I thought I would ask first :D they arnt to expensive I hope!!

Clio 172
cheers for the offer but I really wanted to sort it this weekend, ive rang 2 local car parts dealers and both have said tht it isnt a pack but individual coils at £18 a piece, ive had a look under the bonnet and it looks like a pack to me! i will get a picture up later asap any idea why they are sayin they are individual?

172DD Cup
the megane 1.6 has individual coils so i assume the clio 1.6 does too, prob based their knowledge on that if they've not seen a 2.0 before

Clio 172
the other thing i forgot to mention was sometime it will lose power at 4000 revs for a sec, is that the coils causing that aswell? been realy busy so havnt managed to have a go at fixing the problem yet!

Clio 172
well its doing it again lol, today it stoped and just sat there not starting for 5 mins then when it finaly started it was miss firing everytime i put my foot down =( may have to give it to the garage and hope they dont want my right arm in payment!