ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange feeling under accelerator when starting from cold..? Clio 200 owners!

UR 200
After having my 200 for a few weeks I have noticed a strange sound/feeling under the accelerator, sounds strange I know and its difficult to explain.

When starting the car after being left for a long period of time, when pulling off in first gear between 5/10 mph there is a (slight) clunk and a feeling similar to abs under the accelerator pedal, as if something isn't connected properly or is engaging in place after being sat stationary. After warming up this does not happen again, this makes it difficult for me to explain and get anyone to understand what I'm talking bout.

Took it back to the dealership and there mechanic tried the car (no problem) as I explained it was warmed up. He came to the conclusion that It was the teeth on the abs self checking? But I explained that my foot is on the accelerator pedal (this is normal acceleration as I don't give the car any pressure until fully warmed up), and I didn't think abs had teeth? (maybe this was said as I said the feeling was similar to abs..)

He said I needed to put a a good few more miles on it first then take it back if I still felt something wasn't right.

I wondered if any other guys had a similar issue, as I'm not not sure if normal? and I'm being a mup. Or something could be a-mis and in time could go wrong.. Have four year warranty but If something does go wrong I don't want it cast on myself that its misuse!

Appreciate any input.

​J