ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange immobiliser fault NO RED LIGHT

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Hello

after giving my engine a re fresh, the car has been off the road for about 6 months or so, everything was working fine no faults whatsoever,

Over the course of the day I have out everything back together connected all wires earths and relays as they were when the car was running, the problem being my little red immobiliser light or any dash lights do not work, this happend before and it was the 5 amp fuse which feeds the uch I have checked that and it is fine, along with all the rest!

When I turn the key in the ignition I can hear the relays clicking in the engine bay and my throttle body making the noise it always did.

if someone could give me an idea of which direction to go that would be appreciated, also a description of which relays do what on the engine bay

thanks in advance

jack

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep, sounds like a UCH fault and I assume the car still starts?

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
No the car does not start now because it can't get to that stage had this problem way back and it was the silly 5 amp fuse, checked that this time and its okay :/ could be earths?

Jack

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check them but its more than likely going ot be a CAN Bus fault

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
By can bus fault you mean a broken wire heading towards the uch? Just found a tiny green wire that has broken where the interior loom meets the engine loom the socket with the rubber around it, could this be the problem?

Jack

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The clocks are told what to do via can so yes, a broken wire would be a good guess.

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Just an update problem is corrected,

it was the small square plug that goes into the uch, I had not clipped it in properly! ...... DOH!

thanks anyway mick

jack