ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise driving me crazy!

Clio mk3 06
Hi guys,

I’m really in need of some help 😢

For about a year now, I’ve had a strange noise coming from somewhere in the front (I’m assuming, it’s hard to tell for certain but I believe it’s near the passenger side front.)

I’ve changed the springs, struts, tie rod ends, control arm and still no luck on getting rid of this noise.

It’s a strange one, as it’s only at slow speeds (less than 30mph) and only over small bumps. (Big bumps doesn’t make the noise).

I can only describe the noise to be similar to a cube, inside a slightly larger cube, and then jolting the slightly larger cube.

I was certain it was the battery bouncy about, but i can assure you, the time I’ve spent on this, if it’s not supposed to move, it doesn’t.

I can’t recreate it when the car is stationary. I’ve jumped up and down whilst hanging out the door, I’ve jacked the car up (with suspension under tension and not) and nothing is loose.

I’m at my wits end with this now, so I’m hoping you guys will be able to shed some light on things to check.

And if there’s anyone local to Bristol willing to help, if you find it, il grease your palm 🍻

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Dodgy top mounts? Mine made a racket for a while then the bearing casing fractured leaving bits of it on my driveway.

Clio mk3 06
Dodgy top mounts? Mine made a racket for a while then the bearing casing fractured leaving bits of it on my driveway.
That is what I’m gearing towards mate, simply because that’s the only suspension part that isn’t new.

But I can’t recreate the sound, and it’s only subtle, but now I can hear it, it’s all I can hear.

When taking people out with me, they can’t even hear it!

I’m am rather OCD with cars though 😂