ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

street racing meet!!!!!!

mk2 172

well what a bloody top day, had some right good races and got a lot on film although it was hard to film it right! some good close shootouts between paddys and jon motors, with nothing really to seperate the two performance wise apart from who got it right with the gears!, i had some good races with adis valver too, which again were close!. its a shame rhyss 206 gti has an exhaust problem due to someone hitting his car so he had to go before it fell off!:(

in the end we were bailed off the track by a policeman:D, but he was a nice enough chap and told us he knew we were street racing and that we were caught on film by his family. basically told us to clear off or hed come and do it the proper way at our homes tomorrow!. so we went the pub and had a good ol chat fro a bit.

thanks to jon, paddy, adi, rhys + partner for coming and making it the laff it was.

im in the middle of sifting the footage for the best races now so if someone can host them please?

cheers

craggy

320d M Sport

What a mint day!!! Really glad i came, well have to do it again sometime (please be dry this time!!). Now all ive got to do is figure out how to get past these feckin Williams!!:devilish:

Paddy

mk2 172

just done the vids, there are 7 good ones! its cool as f**k!

theres 2 of jon and paddy

3 of me and adi

1 of jon and adi

one of me and paddy

think the ones of paddy and jon are cool as!

one upto *10

the other upto *20:eek:

with a victory going either way, with the tiniest mistake each costing them the draw!

craggy

320d M Sport

Yes, made all the better by you beating me off the line nearly every time!! FECK!!! York here we come.....2003, oh yes!

mk2 172

mat there on there way, they will be a while though, sending them in approx 8 mb e-mails

ta mat!

craggy

clio 20v

was great day out missed the chance to race paddy as the yokels got upset by us hooligans but had good races wiv jon and craggy

spent most of the day missing gears as well, one of my runs against craggy i only managed to get 4th right lol

after smokin jon off the line in first i missed second gutted could of held him a bit longer

any1 that says vtss are slow obviously havent raced one with a decent driver, craggy beat me every time although i didnt get 1 perfect run, with a good start and no missed changes i reckon itd be level, no way would i beat it, my valvers got about 120bhp at the wheels so ud have to have a good bit more to pull any decent length on it

whilst the policeman was "havin words" with us i had to laugh as a group of bikers hammered past doin wheelies, he was alrite though prob had more important things to do like catch sheep rustlers

adi

just say, the data protection act states that i have a right to a copy of that video if i am on it. Law also states that he cant charge you more than £10 cost for the tape

clio 20v

im a defo drag race convert now im addicted cant wait for york, lose the spare and the sub, 15s back on i will beat that vts heh heh

adi

Sounds like you had loadsa fun - when I saw the meet up in the meetings forum I knew there d be loadsa racing! Good on ya!

Was very tempted to come along myself but had loadsa sh*t to do today.

Ho hum.....

mk2 172

dont think so adi!cos i can lose weight too!, hows about you put you standard exhaust/cat and breathung on too;)

mk2 172

adi - makes me piss as you pass us and wave! then theres jon sticking his tongue out, quality entertainment!

clio 20v

lol on my run against jon can u see the big bus coming the other way on his side of the road he must have willed another 20 bhp into it to get past quicker lol

adi

williams and trophy

hehehehehe

wot a fukin day lol

well paddy mate i gotta admit urs is the most surprising 172 (a true 172 too ;)) that ive come across yet...well done fella

and yes there is a standard 172 out there that can live with a willy lol

loadsa good runs had altho the bus 1 was gettin a little bit scary lol

nice turnout lads .......shame the 172 cup dint turn up itd av been fun watchin me n pady wasting it, craggy drawing level with it n adi fluffin his changes n still catchin it...

the gauntlet has been thrown

clio 20v

i hav been havin box problems though apparently the heat from the zorst manifold expands the clutch cable when the car gets hot if its routed wrongly ill have to get it fixed cant wait for vids heh heh

adi

williams and trophy

hehe matt just re-read what i wrote ........sounds a bit off lol

sorry mate didnt mean it to come out that way if u know wot i mean lol

adi fukin wish id known iv just binned a heat shield from the bulkhead.

itd seen better days like but it wud av dun as a test to see if it was true........ altho i have some material that could be useful to u to try it out.......

il bring some the next time we meet

mk2 172

lol, jon, only time i got caught was when i backed off, then braked a few seconds later, theres one run where there was no fluffing, and i still won. case closed:)

clio 20v

yeh i was thinkin get summat to shield the heat cos when it warms up the biting point changes and its harder to get in gear not wot u want when ur tryin to make quick changes i think the clowns that changed it didnt put it on right meant to look how close urs was to the exhaust manifold today actually

adi

craggy have the vids gone cause i havent got anything yet

you did send them to mailto:mathewroberts@bigfoot.com">mathewroberts@bigfoot.com (note theres 1T in Mathew)

williams and trophy

adi mate my manifolds difrent to urs anyway but i know the valver 1s are very close

where u from again? lol u know my memory lol

but if its as close to me as i think il drop some off for ya next week.... worth a try. its the same stuff that some rally drivers wrap around their brake lines to protect them from the heat of zorst or woteva so shud be ok

clio 20v

craggy think he meant ud be level with a cup an id keep up but id be sure to fluff my changes, ive already admitted defeat lol, they are close though u got a better start than me on the run with no fluffed changes

people who say they cane saxos must be racing vtrs theres no way id beat urs

adi

320d M Sport

Ive said for AGES the VTS is underrated, most people who think theyve caned one were probably racign a VTR given theres about 5 VTRs for every 1 VTS.

Come on Craggy! You emailed matt yet?