ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripe removal...

182 Cup
Has anyone actually done this? If so, what was the paint like underneath?
My cup is Dec 04 with 25k on the clock, im planning to remove my stripes this afternoon but bricking myself in case there are marks which wont buss out!

182 Cup
Was thinking I would do the boot stripes first, although the bonnet and roof would get more sun I suppose, which would mean those areas would have faded more.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i removed mine from a 03 cup they were put on 2 weeks after the car was bought from new, and i removed them last november, used a hairdryer to heat them up and peel off, no marks at all imo your paint should be fine its only really red cars that go that typical pinky colour that suffer from fade the most yours should be fine mate

FROM
Photo-0072-1.jpg

TO

5.jpg

Before anyone starts it is now on eibach prolines and has silvervisions so sod off lol

Last edited:
  Glanza V
as said above am sure it will be fine as i have helped my m8 do this with a hairdryer and there were no marrks wat so ever, but if there are marks that wont come out just buy sum new stipes 2 cover them up lol gud luck anyways, lol

mark,

106 GTi
I would doubt there will be much paint fade being as it is a cleacoated finish.

If so though, you will be screwed !!!!!

Looks loads better Vern :)

Ex royal mail van look FTL ! Used to see loads of red vans around like that:dead:

I removed mine from the front and rear bumper, left them on the bonnet/roof/ boot, and there was no colour issues at all. The car was an 04 182 with 40K miles at the time of removal.