ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripes or no stripes?

Land Rover
My Racing Blue 182 has the two white stripes from new. At some stage they have been removed and l am trying to decide whether to get them put back on.
There’s very faint marks on the paint where they used to be, so it would also save me the cost of getting the bonnet resprayed.

What do people think. Stripes or no stripes on a Racing Blue 182 with Anthracite Wheels?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I like the RB with the white stripes. It’s probably the only colour that can pull them off. And if you’ve got faint marks from them being on before if be inclined to put them back.

Weren’t they just an option for the Cup though?

Land Rover
Mine has both Cup packs but it’s not a Cup.
My missus agrees with Imprezaworks regarding the stripes!

If it had them on it, you may as well replace them.

11626-R1844.jpg

Non cup 182.

Land Rover
TBH l like it with and without. I’ll see how much it costs to get it done, l (or the next owner) can always take them off again

Land Rover
I take it that you are not a fan of the stripes then.
They seem to divide opinions, they certainly can’t go on while my missus is driving the car.

Land Rover
OK so IF l do decide to put the white stripes on to the car, is it possible to do it yourself?

There are kits on Ebay for around £25. But unless they went on perfectly straight they would look terrible.

Has anybody tried to do it and how successful was it?

Megane F1 Team R26
I've put stripes on. Gets much ha dear as the width increases. Either buy two on the same backing at fit both in one go or fit one stripe, then say masking tape or their tape to act as a spacer and then fit the second stripe. Take your time and it's ok. If you use water with a smidge of washing up liquid you can lift it off and reapply if it goes on wonky.