ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped mk1 makes no difference : (

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
my 172 has made a massive difference stripping it!

Last edited:
DSC00098-1.gif

on17s-1copy-2.gif

hade mine stripped and it was only a 1.2 16v and i noticed a difference,

was very tail happy, when i had 15's on not monster 17's lol.

valver engined r5.
stripping your car will make a slight difference but nothing like if u did engine mods.

wat engine is it anyway.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Do not agree with that comment ^.

I have seen many fully stripped mark ones and the difference it has made is fairly substantial. Just ask Martin or any serious track dayer off cliowilliams.

I have removed the spare wheel and rear seats from mine and it does feel a little nippier. The first time i noticed was racing a bmw, when i was in 3rd i wasnt used to the shorter gear times and ended up going past the red line.

Edit... damn too slow. Was reffering to Spener.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
If you do the job properly it makes a big difference...for example...

My old Hybrid ran 131 hp atw at hillpower r/r day, on the same day, same rolling road Northy's williams made 132 hp atw... up the strip the difference was 13.89@99mph compared to 14.89@92mph Why?... because my car was roughly 100+kgs lighter....

Scirocco GT 210
If you do the job properly it makes a big because my car was roughly 100+kgs lighter....

That's some serious stripping. :eek:

I once stripped 45kg out of my car and it didn't do s**t. Just rattled more and made the rear end so light it felt dangerous round corners. lol

1.8 8v RSi
it does make a differance....but unless your know what your lookin for then u wont notice it....
keep driving round for a month or 2 in ur stripped out car...... then rest everything u took out in the boot/backseat area and go for a drive....i bet then you will notice the differance...
i put a full leather interior in my car to deliver to someone in my rsi and noticed a big differance.
kinda gives u an obsession for replacing pannels/glass for lightweight ones

in my car when it was stripped i pwned a 1.4 micra when my little bro had it as a courtesy car, although from 75+ i got pwned lol.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i took the spare wheel off my williams and became even more tail happy, ive lost it a few times in the wet now, its insane, i might put it back on!

stripping defo makes a difference!

i took the spare wheel off my williams and became even more tail happy, ive lost it a few times in the wet now, its insane, i might put it back on!

seriously, you've lost it a few times cos you took the spare wheel out? I hope you're joking

53 Clio's & counting
my old hybrid used to run 14.4@97 all day lonng,then i took out bk seats,rear door cards and carpet with soundproofing coming out too and my 1/4 times dropped to 14.1@99

Scirocco GT 210
fact, stripping weight out will make a difference, end of

Yes it does, it's simple physics, but the thing to consider here is - does it make a noticeable difference?

Which for me it didn't. 45kg would prob make 0.1 or 0.2 secs difference, which in the real world I couldn't notice. Could definately notice the increased rattling and tail happy rear end though!

Interior then went back in. Much better.

80MPG BEEZA
mine rattles less since i stripped it as theirs nothing left to rattle!

it really does make alot of difference when you start taking alot of weight out, i have a stripped out black 172 hybrid and a 182 cup, the black feels so much more potent and raring to go, esp in 4th gear soon as you touch the go pedal it picks up straight away

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

mine rattles less since i stripped it as theirs nothing left to rattle!

it really does make alot of difference when you start taking alot of weight out, i have a stripped out black 172 hybrid and a 182 cup, the black feels so much more potent and raring to go, esp in 4th gear soon as you touch the go pedal it picks up straight away

hope no MK2 172 owners are reading this...... *poking the cup vs 172 debate :rasp: