ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped Mk1 Project

E36 328
Dave, cant stop looking at those pics in this thread with your flame 172, could you pleease post some more pics?

And how did you get your bootfloor so clean of the shitty tar stuff?

one last question...is it fun?/have u had fun in it yet?

Rb 182
Dave, cant stop looking at those pics in this thread with your flame 172, could you pleease post some more pics?

And how did you get your bootfloor so clean of the s**tty tar stuff?

one last question...is it fun?/have u had fun in it yet?

Yeah tar and glue remover and some elbow grease.

Its the best car for fun i have owned. It does everything to a decent level. Go, stop and handles really well.

It might be up for sale soon though as im slightly tired of it being so loud everday. lol

Hey, its my flame red 172 not Daves!!

You just use tar and glue remover, and yes its great fun!

Shhhhhhhh he thought it was mines, stop stealing my cake! xx :eek:

E36 328
LOL sorry john! Both of them are b-e-a-youuuuutifil!

Really how much for sale for? What's it registered as on the v5?

Rb 182
Took a few pics after football, probably the worst pics ever but i dont take a decent pic anyway.

Standard bonnet back on with orange badge. Still need to paint my cage orange though.

Comments welcome as per.

100_2924.jpg

100_2921.jpg

100_2922-1.jpg

Rb 182
Right-o really bad pics as its dark when i go and come back from work!

Got my seats in 6.2kg each, on cobra side mounts and custom mounted. The drivers is fully adjustable on the runners. The pass is mounted down as low as poss and as far back as poss. It has really changed the drive of the car. Few more things to do. But its almost there. :D

Better pics to follow when johns around.

100_2925.jpg

100_2926.jpg

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
wehey!!! Been a long time coming this update but it's well worth the wait they look really smart.

Rb 182
wehey!!! Been a long time coming this update but it's well worth the wait they look really smart.

Cheers mate, im really happy with them. Batt box to fit and a few bits to paint, then thats it i think. Well till the ITB's ;)

Nice one son, well cheesing :D:D:D

Can anyone see over the dash when in the passenger seat?!

Bagsy a shot at the weekend ;)

Well you got your wee shot the night, report back please :p

x

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Time to lose weight me thinks!

Forgot to say I was trying to put the harnesses on at the lights and couldnt! Could barely turn round, they hold you bloody tight! Transform the car to how it should be imo

Rb 182
Time to lose weight me thinks!

Forgot to say I was trying to put the harnesses on at the lights and couldnt! Could barely turn round, they hold you bloody tight! Transform the car to how it should be imo

Lol yeah they are tight! which is great imo.

few bits to finish then ill be happy as that man Larry. :evil:

Rb 182
Small update.

The starter failed the other day so i have taken the car down the garage to do that.

Im mid way through replacing the starter. I have also found a center section with a box so going to fit that see if it can bring out some more BHp.

Removed the rocker cover to replace the gasket and will do an oil change while im there.

Trying to remove some weight while im there, so a few new bits coming ;)

Rb 182
Last update from me on this i think.

Fixed starter issues etc.

Now removed the middle box from the exhaust. Little louder now, no pics.

Fitted a panel over the sunroof hole ;)

100_2943.jpg

Fitted some bonnet pins for a quick release front bumper

100_2938.jpg

100_2937.jpg

Also drilled random holes in front bumper and replaced no. plate with a sticker.

100_2947.jpg

Much love x

Rb 182
WELL THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE ON THIS ONE! AS YOU ALL KNOW I BOUGHT A 172, SO THE SL@G HAD TO GO! STRIPPED AND MOST PARTS SOLD ON. HAD A GOOD YEAR RAGGING THAT. :)

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

JDM Dc2
cant believe its crushed, just read through the whole project aswell for the 1st time looked like a mint project, you guys took it in the right direction with the choice of mods!!

Rb 182
jees
I won''t even suggest T-cut
Think its passed that tbh only just.

Can duck tape fix that?
Tape and the above t-cut, prob.

cant believe its crushed, just read through the whole project aswell for the 1st time looked like a mint project, you guys took it in the right direction with the choice of mods!!

Cheers mate, was just a bit fun. Built it and ragged it for near on a year for approx £1200. Including buying the 2 cars and mot'ing one of them. Its also alive in a few other peoples cars. The two biggest being

Engine, Shocks, springs, dash etc
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=355055

Seats and subframes
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=386377&page=14

Also the front end was donated to my sister after she crashed her clio :(

RIP