ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped Mk1 Project

Rb 182
Well it runs! It stops and it turns.

Need to adjust the gear linkage as it isnt getting all the gears and the throttle cable is mullered so has jammed a couple of times. Just niggles that need sorted really but is making it very hard to drive anywhere!

Here are some frankly crap pics are being uploaded. We're both too tired and shagged out to care about photos now!

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

Ph2.5 ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Throttle cable is now in my possesion.

Having some scran then we're gonna go down and fit it, adjust the gear selecter rod and drive it home :D:D

Rb 182
New throttle cable fitted, clutch cable sorted and gear linkage sorted.

On first test runs, its quick!

But a bad earth meant that the battery has died **sigh**

More to fix :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah Im a bit worried tbh. Stripped 172 coming soon if I get beaten!

Saying the battery died is an understatement, bloody thing popped its cap off and flung acid all over the bay! Not nice

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the road isnt looking too healthy! Gonna head up in 5 and sort it out, new battery is a cert but we have spares! Dave wiped teh acid off last night in the dark but will hopefully be ok.

Green Chic, Dave has wanted the rt bonnet but then we put this on firstly for ease but now he loves it!

PH Mongrel ftw tbqfh

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
fingers crossed.

looks superb with valver bonnet on, id defo keep that. Hope you get the batery sorted out.

Clio 1.4 Maxim
??

The 16v dont have wider track. Only the willy so just use the 16v parts.

The 1.4 shafts prob will fit and be ok. But if you have the 16v bits they are tried and tested.

:D

oh smart if its not widetrack that helps just need to find a donor now :)

now the conversion is almost done, did you guys use all the hubs and stuff from 16v and widetrack or keep the ones from the 1.4??

Clio 1.4 Maxim
so basically i can use all my old bits no problem, dont wonna have to use 16v hubs and then need to get new brakes and coilovers thats all lol,

One side is 16v and the other is rt. Only reason is we need to put a new cv joint on the valver shaft. Can defo pick and choose though

Clio 1.4 Maxim
that has made me a very happy chappy, how long has it taken you to do the swap then?? gonna have to look out for a donor now, got me thinkin, mk1 ph3 1.8 16v running on ITB's :cool::cool:;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
We took the 1.4 out on Friday night, worked like *****s and it ran on Sunday morning. Would have been sooneer if we had a ph1 ecu to start with.

Not driving it yet as the throttle cable ( that we fitted oops!) has snapped and the alternator is overcharging the battery :(

ST1050, 320d
can you even get a ph3 valver? ive never seen one before

edit

*duh, yours is a ph3 and would have a valver engine...just thought about it*

Rb 182
can you even get a ph3 valver? ive never seen one before

edit

*duh, yours is a ph3 and would have a valver engine...just thought about it*

I dont think there are many Ph3 valvers. only bit of mines that is a Ph3 is the front bumper. The rest has been changed

ph1 mirrors
Ph2 rear bumper and tailgate
ph2 bonnet and headlights
Ph3 side strips
ph3 front bumper

Ha ha

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Just a quick question. did it start off as a phase 3?? if so were the ph2 lights and bonnet easy to fit and do they sit right on the ph3 bumper?

Rb 182
Just a quick question. did it start off as a phase 3?? if so were the ph2 lights and bonnet easy to fit and do they sit right on the ph3 bumper?

Yes its still a ph3, the bumper and lights need modding and the fits isnt 100%, but its quite unique. :)

that has made me a very happy chappy, how long has it taken you to do the swap then?? gonna have to look out for a donor now, got me thinkin, mk1 ph3 1.8 16v running on ITB's :cool::cool:;)

Ur problem is solved http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good spot! Get it bought!

shaping up for FCS then chief?

Errr not as much as i would have liked, probably going to be unpainted :(

But ill still **** it up! :rasp:

Rb 182
Also it made the full journey to and from FCS with only a sticky throttle cable being a problem :D A bit of WD40 sorted that out :D

Yeah im also very happy about that :) Roll on FCS 09, some track action to make it diff from the last 4years :p

Pics,pics pics!!!! Come on I want pics!!!!

Once i find my camera ill get some up

looking good so far matey

cheers mate, its coming along for only costing 1200 all inc :evil: