ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped Mk1 Project

Rb 182
Hurraaahhh i found the lead. some pics of my half cage, new stickers and my new sus that ill be fitting at some point soon.

The floor and the cage itself are also soon to be painted.

100_2815.jpg

100_2816.jpg

Custom harness bar :)

100_2817.jpg

100_2818.jpg

Rb 182
Fronts fitted and its handling really well.

Got 2 ARB links to do. No pics, nothing new other than enjoying running about in it

Next mods are

Batt box
light weight seats
manual rack
poss light weight bonnet

Which manual rack? I'm interested too see how that goes :)

One from a 1.2 i think. No one seems a 100% sure if i will need a manual column as well. But ill try it and see what happens :)

ValverInBits
I asked that bloody question soooo many times. also asked what the "quickest" rack is.

I got the impression that the cup rack was the quickest - but the cup rack was the same part as fitted to the 1.4
I reckon it'll need a manual column.

Rb 182
I asked that bloody question soooo many times. also asked what the "quickest" rack is.

I got the impression that the cup rack was the quickest - but the cup rack was the same part as fitted to the 1.4
I reckon it'll need a manual column.

Its a pain in the ass, in the 3 clio forums i have asked the same question i havent had 1 answer the same as the other.

Mines is a 1.4, so has the 1.4 pas rack and column.

But has a huge leak, i NEED to get it sorted this month! not looking hopefull though. :dapprove:

ValverInBits
according to parkers.co.uk the 1.4 is available without PAS, so perhaps that's the one to go for.
That's the one i'll be going for (but i have to get the car first :))

Rb 182
Well heres my update.

New seats! Well second hand, they have come out of a mates rally car. They weigh in at 6.something Kg so should help keep the weight down.

They have removeable padding and are side mounting.,

Only problem is that the mice have got into the boys shed and chewed some of the cover. You can see it in one of the pics. But not to worry ill get me Nan on to it! :rasp:

Coments welcome.

100_2884.jpg

100_2885.jpg

Ps side mounts to follow then ill get them in my car.

:star:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Ahhh now i see! This is turning into a propper little weapon now!!

Do you have the side mounts already?

Clio 1.4
haha. break my hearts lads. I was out in a corsa vxr today, being abit of a tarmac terrorist :D. john i was telling joycey about the fan base of this car through here. tell him to explain lol its crazy.

Rb 182
haha. break my hearts lads. I was out in a corsa vxr today, being abit of a tarmac terrorist :D. john i was telling joycey about the fan base of this car through here. tell him to explain lol its crazy.

Yeah, i was surprised to hear that. Set to be a bit quicker once i get more weight out :evil:

Rb 182
Standard bonnet fitted back on, also was getting annoyed at how loud it was so fitted a black 16v carpet in and a set of front door cards. No diff in pace but sounds better now.

:)

Clio mk1
Great thread, awesome car out of interest how much has the car been lowered at the front? And do the 15"s rub at all?

cheers.