ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped Mk1 Project

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Oops I did it again!!

Sort of

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728-1.jpg

Started stripping out the rear today as well but got too much stuff in the boot, will empty that then finish the job.

Rb 182

From this

IMG_1449.jpg

To this

100_2709.jpg

100_2711.jpg

Mangnex back box, de cat pipe and a Rsi center section with box. Its sooo much quiter than that THING attched before. It needs a wee bit tweaking here and there but looks 100 times better imo. I know its not sitting in the hole right but i have a new back bumper to go on, so will be better soon.

Comments as per.

x

Rb 182

DId a few other bits the afternoon.

Gear lever cover
100_2712.jpg

Rear 1/4 panel trims
100_2714.jpg

Roof lining
100_2713.jpg

Under bonnet sound proofing
100_2715.jpg

100_2716.jpg

Also removed the seat belts, clock, coin holder. Whilst i was in about her I fitted my pass side harness. More strippage to come. :)

Had a few pics with John's dirty one too but ill stick them in another thread.

Comments welcome.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I just realised I bent my key when I was trying to take something off. Only realised when I tried to get into my house!!

Emptied the boot yet?

Rb 182

I just realised I bent my key when I was trying to take something off. Only realised when I tried to get into my house!!

Emptied the boot yet?

Yup, well almost, a few wee things to follow.

Its like well rapid and that man! :eek:

Car less once more

haha think the cars crapping its self! (the pine cone if ya wounderd)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Did a lot of work to the valver today, will get pics of its current state before I re-start tomorrow morning.

But basically the 2 bumpers, 2 wings and bonnet are off. The wheels, 1 caliper, both rear shocks, backbox mirrors, some loom and the leather interior are also off! Oh and the door strips.

Got a couple pics half way through the day, took it accross the road and got it cleaned one last time!

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

And the interior now has a RT seat in it that we had spare

IMG_1847.jpg

Any comments welcome!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The work I managed yesterday

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

The keeping it for now pile

IMG_1852.jpg

And todays short effort, got the dash to engine bay loom, dash and full loom, fuel pump and rear lights loom, slam panel and rad off.

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

All that needs done now is to actually remove the engine, then we'll take the front suspension off and its ready to be taken away.

Clio 1.4 Maxim
how hard is this engine swap for say a ok mechanic, am thinkin iv spent so much time gettin my 1.4 to look how i want that engine swap would be easy enough to get the power im after!!

Rb 182
shell looks fine to me?

They shell isnt great! The rear arches are rotten the floor underneth is rotten, and its bent like one of them yellow bent fruits!

how hard is this engine swap for say a ok mechanic, am thinkin iv spent so much time gettin my 1.4 to look how i want that engine swap would be easy enough to get the power im after!!

As long as you have a doner car and a haynes/engine craine it shouldnt be that hard. But ill update that once we have done it. :rasp:

It's like a Mk1 scrap yard in that garage.

This is about the 4th on we have broken so there is a few bits sitting around. :eek:

nice work...why you killing the valver though, looks ok?

As above really its not straight and its rotten. Plus Ph3 valver will be cool as!

Steers squinty they said.

Kill the valver, down with them.
Phase 3s all day long.

John/Dave, that mean i get my electric windows now?

Yes you can come down and get them one weekend. Im not taking them out as they are a pain in the ass. You can play about with them :rasp:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I'll get a pic of the os rear arch, its mostly catty on rust!

Looks decent in pics but nowhere near as good as it looks.

I cant do this weekend at all, working all day both days.

And about the scrapyard comment, we took 2 loads, mostly reno bits to the dump the other day so thats it improved!!

Rb 182
Yeah I'll get a pic of the os rear arch, its mostly catty on rust!

Looks decent in pics but nowhere near as good as it looks.

I cant do this weekend at all, working all day both days.

And about the scrapyard comment, we took 2 loads, mostly reno bits to the dump the other day so thats it improved!!

The pics make it look like a good un. Seriously isnt though.

WE need another few runs to the dump once the valver has gone. :star: