ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strippin out the interior the best idea

Clio 182
I read an interesting artical in topgear magazine about stripping out the dead weight, they used a pug 207 GTI, ran round the track as standard and then striped eveythiing out and ran around the track again, result was exactly the same lap time, stig said that once the weight had gone it upset the balance of the car so it didn't handle well in the bends, hence the same lap time as a result, I know you can do a lot to change setup but only for track use you wouldn't want it set like that on the road. just thought it was interesting result as i automatically thought stripping out the weight would make it lighter and obvousily faster but i never thought about the unballanced handling!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The problem being that the majority of the weight lost is over the back and not across both axles. Would be fine if it then had after market suspension and set up accordingly.

182 Cup
The problem being that the majority of the weight lost is over the back and not across both axles. Would be fine if it then had after market suspension and set up accordingly.

Or even with the very expensive option of reducing the rear tyre pressures.