ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace. Pros and Cons?

Engles Mummy
How do you consider buying a strut brace?

Dude there cheap & chips, go buy 2! Front & Rear.

And yes there worth it, but you need the complete package i.e coilovers & cage.

Adam

Clio 172 mk2
Looks nice but that's about it

For an all out track machine I bet it's worth it but for normal road use the difference is negligable

Audi TT 225
Join the go-kart bar revolution! It stiffens up the front end and if your lowered as well it will feel more solid and tight and very good through the bends.

Clio 172 mk2
The suspension turrets are so close to the bulkhead though I'd be surprised if it would make that much difference

Audi TT 225
If you used your noodle when fitting the brace you would have taken the arch liner out, covered the bottom of the bolt and the hole in sikaflex ;)

Audi TT 225
Just saying... if exposing bare metal anywhere it should be sealed/painted afterwards...
They would work better if welded on but that would cause problems. They do make a difference. I'll admit my car seems no faster with a different filter or zorst (just louder) but I "could" feel quite a difference in handling after fitting the brace.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Cheers for the feedback people.

Im not totally convinced by the benefits but its good to hear what everyone thinks.

I agree with NeilG....turrets so close to the main bulkhead that im sure any movement is minimal

Focus ST
Roy Munson said:
Ok if you want to drill holes in a protected structure and pour salt water in. Great.

^^^The main reason why I wouldn't mess about with one. If the process of fitting one was completely reversible i.e. without taking a drill to your car, then I might be tempted to try one.

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
Clio Chassis Are Really Ridged And There Isn't A Great Deal Of Movement In The Had Front And Rear Fitted On My Last Clio And I Did Like The Look Of Them.

But To Be Fair Thats About All They Were Good For. Looking Pretty!!!

Lol

Audi TT 225
You only really notice the difference if you drive your clio on a track or like your on a track, squeeling around a corner pushing the car to its very limmits....
Obviously any movement would only occure when its put under high levels of stress

You dont need a strut brace for pootling around ASDA car park...

If you track your car or your just a bit of a loony sure get one ;)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

England. havin a conversation and typin at the same time doesn't always work.

No one is perfect and i'm so glad that grammer is my only down side lol :p

Clio 197
I fitted one to my 182 (which I later sold).

It was quite good IMO - a nice solid front end, and some nice stable braking.

I sprayed sealant onto all the drilled bits (in and out), job done.

This was last year, and there's absolutely no indication that they're corroded.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
R( )YLE said:
Clio Chassis Are Really Ridged And There Isn't A Great Deal Of Movement In The Had Front And Rear Fitted On My Last Clio And I Did Like The Look Of Them.

Lol

Wtf?

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
R( )YLE said:

Lol

put an m and a full stop on the first "the" and should kinda make sense.

insert your own full stops and commas!

:) :) :)

It was'nt your grammar that got my attention, it was the unusual use of capital letters. Surely its more hassle to hit shift every word? ;)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
No Cause When I Put It On Only The First Letters Are Capitals???

Dont Know Why, But When I Post It Changes To The Half And Half Thing? :S

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
R( )YLE said:
No Cause When I Put It On Only The First Letters Are Capitals???

Dont Know Why, But When I Post It Changes To The Half And Half Thing? :S

Yes because the forum realises you have your caps lock on and changes the word from caps to non-caps.

Turn it off FFS. How many times today!

Caps lock off. Ok?

Maz

LY 200
Pmsl @ Si loosing his rag .. Ad will spank you grumpycake ;)

I have a strut brace on my car and didn't notice any differnce tbh, it just looks nice :)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
Its off and since you made me aware f**k knows how many posts ago it ain't been on. now if you look at times and read upwards you'll hopefully notice that i was explainin that when caps is on it puts every first letter as a caps. someone didn't really understand so i'd surgest that you send them a msg explain the ways of whateva you wanna talk about dissapear you freaky stalker!!! lol

thanks

f**ckin followin me around checkin if i've got caps lock on. wtf! :S

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Maz said:
I have a strut brace on my car and didn't notice any differnce tbh, it just looks nice :)

Well funnily enough, the reason i asked was because i have been offered a brand new OMP one for £40 and having seen pics of your engine bay with yours, i thought it looked pretty good.

I'd be more after the handling benefits rather than the cosmetics mind you but i have to say the red effect looks pretty trick :approve: