ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut braces for 182?

Black 133 Cup
After using strut braces on a previous car which tightened up handling I was thinking of doing the same with the 182.

Question is whether it is worth it or not? Front/back or both? And which makes do you recommend.

Al

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
let you know soon, mine should arrive tomorrow.

Heard they dont actually do much however as the cars are quite rigid anyway

Back does nothing.

Front only give gains if is a good strong one and bolted or welded to the top mounts and even then its realy wasted unless you have other suspension modifications.

Mk2 172
ive got the chrome one from ktec. its a nice bit of kit. wouldnt really say it made a difference. the struts are fairly stiff anyway. dont expect a big difference but they look quite cool. i went to the ring and made almost no difference. youll never notice the difference on a public road. youll only notice a tiny bit on very hard cornering on a track!

Mk2 172
its 111.63 inc vat from ktec but i got it off a mate for 60 cos he bought it for his mk2 v6 and was told by them that it will fit and it definately doesnt. it was sat in his garage then for months so i bought it off him at a bargain price :)

If fitted correctly , they do .

mainly for appearance imo . I like mine and it did make a slight difference