ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Braces

Clio 1.4 RT 3DR
Hi Peeps

i know I may sound stupid here but i want to fit a Strut Brace to my ILL HANLING Clio.
how easy are they to fit??
is there anything i need to buy to fit it or is it all supplied with the brace??

cheers

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Won't need to drill holes to fit the rear brace, but like Kully says, it won't make much difference, but its there for show more than likely.

Clio 1.4 RT 3DR
TBH
i,ve just had a new steering rack fitted and i,m still having trouble with play on the steering wheel . Now i,m thinking its the the column link to the rack. Its got about 5mm play before the sterring engages
what do you think??

TBH
i,ve just had a new steering rack fitted and i,m still having trouble with play on the steering wheel . Now i,m thinking its the the column link to the rack. Its got about 5mm play before the sterring engages
what do you think??

More than likly you need a new colume or the old one welding up the rubber bust at the base of the unit gets play in it.

Have a search on here or williamsclio for pictures.

TBH
what do you think??

Definately need a new column matey. I replaced mine on my Williams for exactly the same reason (play in the steering wheel before it actually did anything) and it sorted it 100%. Couldn't believe how much better it felt once it was fitted too, the extra confidence it gives having accurate steering feel is unbelievable :cool:

clio 200 F4Rt
always a big debate on whether strut braces do anything.

some people swear by them, so say they are pointless.

What makes me think tho, is why do manufacturers like Subaru fit them to thier top of the range models, like the Impreza Spec-C, Type RA-R etc if they do nothing??

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've fitted front and rear braces as well has a cage, handling is much better since then. Most of that is down to the cage though

What makes me think tho, is why do manufacturers like Subaru fit them to thier top of the range models, like the Impreza Spec-C, Type RA-R etc if they do nothing??

But there on cars designed for them.
peple on here often look at cheap thing ones with no suspensin designed for them.

1.8 8v RSi
to be honest unless ur bombing it round a track at 80+ you wont notice much differance in handling.......
however they do look good
i recon older cars like williams/valvers will benifit from it as the chances are the chassis been flexed a lot from its long life and will liven up the handling