ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stub axle bolts urgent help needed

CLIO PH1 172
Hey guys fitting camber shims yo' and just come to tightening the rear stub axle bolts up but I'm not sure how tight to do them. Anybody know?

Btw I'm talking about the 4nuts that hold it all on that go through the camber shims

Help woyld be much appreciatde or they are just getting the tight as f**k treatment !

ph1 mk2
tight as f**K treatment isnt good, its plastic so itll deform and lose your camber! when i did my polo it was torqued to 44nm, scary but safe according to ez-shim!

ph1 mk2
because your adding camber, the hub becomes on an angle to the axle, and so when you tighten it, the bolts try to straighten the stub axle out in line with the axle, if you tighten it too much itll distort the shim, and squash it flat

CLIO PH1 172
ae1d8fcb.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
Is that so you can fit some gay stretched tyres?

not really, well yes kinda :eek:

I havnt HAD to do this, I have done it because i like the look of cars with a decent amount of camber.

but

By doing this I can now space my wheels further out and the stretch should sit pretty nicely. :rasp:

EDIT::

e4248ebf.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Hey guys fitting camber shims yo' and just come to tightening the rear stub axle bolts up but I'm not sure how tight to do them. Anybody know?

Btw I'm talking about the 4nuts that hold it all on that go through the camber shims

Help woyld be much appreciatde or they are just getting the tight as f**k treatment !
They are actually
M10 57Nm
M8 29Nm

CLIO PH1 172
Woops mIne at least double that I'm guessing!

I might get a new set of bolts from Renault and redo them. I should have some new stub axles coming soon with 2degree camber all ready machined out.

Btw were do you guys fined out how tight each bolt should be?

182cup & 172 racecar
I do mine a lot tighter than that anyway so I wouldnt worry.
If you do order some from Renault they do not come with the nuts,I found this out.

CLIO PH1 172
realy? can you buy the nuts separately from renault? as the nuts are a funny type with nyloc and a washer, or would any nyloc do?

any idea how much they were Tony?

182cup & 172 racecar
I just got some nyloc nuts from somewhere,but you could order them from Renault,I didn't as I thought they came together.

I will find out later,paperwork is in the workshop.

182cup & 172 racecar
I just got some nyloc nuts from somewhere,but you could order them from Renault,I didn't as I thought they came together.

I will find out later,paperwork is in the workshop.

182cup & 172 racecar
No's for bolts
M8 6000073588 £2.25@ x2
M19 6000073589 £2.34@ x6
minus whatever discount you can get.

I paid £15.25 inc vat the lot.

Don't know how much the proper nuts will be.