ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck in the middle of junction :( Gearbox??

Black 172 :)
Just about to set of from the lights and car wouldn't move :( still goes into gears but nothing!! clutch pedal seems fine but soon as i let off the cluch nothing happens :( what you think this could be gearbox gone????? how do i find out?? cheers

Renault
Dropped a shaft maybe? The diff is another possibility - I doubt the entire box would self destruct like that.

BMW M135i
If you can select gears normally but no drive i'd guess its probably the diff circlip fell out. Worth having a look at anyway, do a search its a commonish thing on the circlip retained diffs. Just hope it hasn't fell into the bottom of the box if its that.

Black 172 :)
just been to the garage :( he's says its the gearbox :( £650 for recon gearbox + labour!!!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo