ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuff I need to do oil change

Right, I'm planning to do an oil change at the weekend but I've never done one before so could do with some tips. I've read Danlp6's guide (very usefull :approve: ) and worked out all the stuff I need:

10mm deep socket
Jack and axle stands
5 litre bucket/tub
Tool to undo filter
New oil filter
New copper washer on sump plug
5.1 litre of oil
Funnel

Anything missing from that list?

Those in red:

• wheres the best place to get them? (Halfords?)
  • how do I identify the correct filter & copper washer?

OK cheers guys.

You say the Reading ones s**t; it'll have the bits though right?

PS - Ralph, you coming to the meet then? Come on, you know you want to!

Right, I'm planning to do an oil change at the weekend but I've never done one before so could do with some tips. I've read Danlp6's guide (very usefull :approve: ) and worked out all the stuff I need:

10mm deep socket
Jack and axle stands
5 litre bucket/tub
Tool to undo filter
New oil filter
New copper washer on sump plug
5.1 litre of oil
Funnel

Anything missing from that list?

Those in red:

• wheres the best place to get them? (Halfords?)
  • how do I identify the correct filter & copper washer?

Part numbers are here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112404
Go to Renault for the filter £7 it is part number 8200033408
Wahser you want the one with the bit of rubber on it 7700266044 prices go up and down a lot £1.10 last time I had to buy one they have been down to 50p before now.

I'd only ever get the filter from Renault so many other places miss sell them.

ff 182
just done mine today cost 49.80 for oil and filter from renault .it took me about a hour to do..worst part for me was the heat sink plate or what ever its called at the front near the fuel injector . i lost 1 of the danm bolts .:(

just done mine today cost 49.80 for oil and filter from renault .it took me about a hour to do..worst part for me was the heat sink plate or what ever its called at the front near the fuel injector . i lost 1 of the danm bolts .:(

Injection cover that is.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
.it took me about a hour to do..worst part for me was the heat sink plate or what ever its called at the front near the fuel injector . i lost 1 of the danm bolts .:(

Ever thought about working for Renaut?

;)

Jap Shed

5-40 oil?