ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid french electrics

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
So guysss, my sidelights(rear lights on left side and number plate lights) keep blowing a fuse... tryed a bigger fuse(30amp!)still blowing... tried all the bulbs but nopppee

Anyone got any ideas what the cause is ?​

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It only takes "trying" to overload a wiring loom to start the wires off burning especially with a 30A fuse in a circuit 10A circuit such as the secondary lighting circuit with 0.35 wiring!

You will have a short to positive somewhere on the circuit meaning time to trace it and look for the break and repair it. If you've had any work done at all recently that will be a good place to start looking. Fialing that bring it over to me in Nottingham and i'll trace it for you.

Mick

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
It only takes "trying" to overload a wiring loom to start the wires off burning especially with a 30A fuse in a circuit 10A circuit such as the secondary lighting circuit with 0.35 wiring!

You will have a short to positive somewhere on the circuit meaning time to trace it and look for the break and repair it. If you've had any work done at all recently that will be a good place to start looking. Fialing that bring it over to me in Nottingham and i'll trace it for you.

Mick

Ino palbtu i didnt think at the time just did it like ...and i found it anyway its the numberplate lights... apprently its a common thing, water gets into the coneections and shorts the circuiit :)