ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid insurance quote from Direct Line

Clio 200 Cup
I know there is a simple answer to this but I ran an online insurance quote through Direct Line and got a shock.

Details:

26 years old
8 years NCB
No convitions
No accidents
Good post code
10k miles/year

Clio 200 Cup 2010

£1098 fully comp...

Sems rather high, would you agree?

197 FF
Admiral tend to be realy cheap especially if there is a female driver in your household you can put on as a named driver....you dont actually have to let them drive it though i.e. mum/sister/girlfriend

seems a bit high, you sure all details were correct? i'm with DL and i'm paying less than that with:
21; 3yr ncb, no conv, no accidents, good postcode, 10k/yr!

clio 182, but i can't imagine the 200 is a much different insurance group if any?

Clio rs 200
I agree with beaker82 my nans on my insurance knocks off 600 quid just having her on as a named driver.

I cant get a quote below a grand with a high street insurer, and thats not with my fiance on the quote.

use a broker and now got insured for £750 with my 22 year old fiance on the policy who has just under 2 years driving experience,

BMW F21 125d
Yup its dear, Im with directline now and just had my renewal tho.
8 years NCB, Protected, 6k a year. 1 non fault accident over 3 years ago, no convictions.
£582 (gone up £122 from last year!)... Cancelled my auto-renewal and went with Sky Insurance for less than I paid last year.

I ve just has a quote on my 100hp with DL, £1040! They can do one!
I paid about £650 with Bell(end) last year, thats now gone up to £730 on the renewal, even tho 3 of my points have dropped off and I ve got another years NCB!
I refuse to pay anymore than £500, its a Fiat Panda FFS!

Fiesta ST-3
I know there is a simple answer to this but I ran an online insurance quote through Direct Line and got a shock.

Details:

26 years old
8 years NCB
No convitions
No accidents
Good post code
10k miles/year

Clio 200 Cup 2010

£1098 fully comp...

Seems a little steep :Z

197 FF
My Freelander was £276 fully comp last year (£31 a month with d/debit charge) for the 172 it goes to £45 a month and I am 28, 7 years NCB, no points. If I take the named driver female off it goes up by about £250 a year!

That is just this year insurance has definitely gone up I have already been looking for next renewal and it looks like prices across the board have gone up at least £100 a year so that will put clio to around £50-55 a month. I had a brand new Fiesta ST on a 56 plate so 4 years ago and that was only £65 a month with less than half the NCB....Insurance is all over the place I was quoted £6000 a year on a CTR when I bought the fiesta ST it was insurance alone that stopped me buying that car.

I ve just has a quote on my 100hp with DL, £1040! They can do one!
I paid about £650 with Bell(end) last year, thats now gone up to £730 on the renewal, even tho 3 of my points have dropped off and I ve got another years NCB!
I refuse to pay anymore than £500, its a Fiat Panda FFS!

Admiral are now winning with a quote of £550, might try flux tommorrow as i ve got the Westy with them.

Black RS200

Details:

26 years old
8 years NCB
No convitions
No accidents
Good post code
10k miles/year

Clio 200 Cup 2010

£1098 fully comp...

Paying £1036 on my 200, my 182 was £465
thats with 14 yrs ncb
spent 3 days ringing round all the ones listed on this site All were more than £1k

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I pay 1300 fully comp on the 200, 1ncb, 1 fault claim, 3 points.

I put my dad on whos drove motor cycles for over 20 years and cars for over 10 it knocked 50 quid off, I put my mum on who has had a provisional license on for about 5 month and it went DOWN 200 sheets!.

this was with BELL.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow that's expensive.

I'm 24 with 7 years no claims no points and mines is nowhere near that!