ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub Help

Clio 1.2 04
I fitted a sub and amp into my clio and there was no in line fuse, i didn't run the sub or anything just left it hooked up. Now my car won't start lol.

I have a 3000w wiring kit with a 150A inline FUSE, the holder, it's HUGE compared to the 80 on it atm.

Isit ok to run a 150A inline FUSE with a 2000watt twin JBL subs and JBL amp or should i unplug it all and just replace the fuse in the container.

Will there have been any damage with no fuse ? As the battery is kinda flat but lights and wipers ect still work...

Polo + Micra
the fuse is there to protect the cable and that is it.

do you know the size of the power cable? (a watt rating means nothing tbh)

Clio 1.2 04
Yeah just researched and that does sound fkin retarded sorry i know the role of the fuse now LOL

problem 1. the way we wired it the battery is CONSTANTLY giving the amp power. it was still on this morning meaning it wouldnt start today.

Unplugged it all and taped it up for the time being until i put the new fuse in.

will find out cable and amp info soon. i'm guessing weve wired it into the headunit wrong meaning it's not in the ignition wiring instead it's constantly on

Polo + Micra
sounds like you have a constant 12v on the remote terminal of the amp

that is why it's staying on all the time

there should be a remote cable on the head unit (iirc blue with a white stripe)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
150A ?! That's a f**king lot of current. Infact, does your starter motor even draw that much juice when cold cranking !

I think my sub has a 20A fuse...

Also, as above, sounds like there's no remote, just a live perma-live 12v which won't help you one bit.

Clio 1.2 04
sounds like you have a constant 12v on the remote terminal of the amp

that is why it's staying on all the time

there should be a remote cable on the head unit (iirc blue with a white stripe)

yeah we have wired it to the blue one with white stripe

but theres also a light blue one aswell