ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub In Spare Wheel Well

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi Guys,

Just wondered how you guys with subs in the wheel well have created an enclosure for them.

Have you made it out of MDF and created a sealed enclosure or have you moulded an enclosure out of fibreglass?

Also which is the best way ... if there is a best way or is it really down to personal preference?

Im looking into doing this myself hench my questions before about an amp. Im insterested in the false floor look as i think this is the best look for an install.

Thanks Guys,
Luke

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I put a normal sub box in the spare wheel well. Couldnt be bothered with fabricating fibreglass, dimensions and all that. Cut the spike out and in it went. I filled the space around the box with insulation to prevent it from moving around.

Next step was a raugh template of the boot floor, with a hole in it large enough to fit the top of the sub box through. Screw amp in place. Place blocks of wood to space the raised floor up. Make sure its enough to clear the sub. Supported by L brackets and "sticks like s**t". Drill some holes in them too for ventilation.

DSC00311-1.jpg

Wire everything up. Trim the parts around the amp and the sub. The way i done the false floor was so everything was below it. You could see through to the amp and sub so all bare wood needed to be painted or trimmed.

carpet001-1.jpg

Next step was to fabricate the top floor. Do it in carboard first. then cut to size on MDF. I couldnt fit mine in one piece so i cut it in half. Trimmed it as one piece though so it would fold to go in the car and then lay flat.

DSC00316.jpg

Perspex over the amp with holes for ventilation. Finished pics:

bootlight029-1.jpg

bootlight031-1.jpg

I never really used the boot but if you want to then id advise getting a grill over the sub to stop things falling down there. Thats why i had the boot net.

Slooooow Ass 1.2
That looks excellent, just what i am after.

Thanks very much for your reply and the walkthrough with it makes it much easier for me when doing my own when off work next week.