ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub n amp help!!

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i dont like this amp personally, but if you do it will do the trick the only prob i had with this amp was that the perspex on the front used to rattle as its not bolted in its glues in lol and if the glue breaks then it will annoy you and sound like distortion but if you bolt the amp down well then you wont have this prob i had it attatched to a sub box so thts y it broke

the gto 4000 one

RB 182
it does look abit cheap btu seems to deliver good power, tht only reason i looked at it and the price as i didnt want to spend too much. any others tht u wud recommend?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
all the alpine amps imo are good build and sound quality but for a price to power ratio theres not many to beat it but there will be some on the net plus discount for clio sport members

what are you powering? if its just one sub you dont need that much power unless the sub is a LOT better than the infinity one or you powering 2-3

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
well it will just be powerin the sub atm but i want to get some components in the near future so wud want them amped up aswell tht why i wanted a 4 channel so bridge the sub n others for comps

u think this wud be better then?

http://www.audio66.co.uk/product.asp?id=5555&cat=6&man=1&main=1&userid=&firstsel=cat&variation=

if you looking for a powerful amp for under 100 then go for jbl bcus when you go for alpine and the such you are paying for quality and usually they want £££ for power... so id stick with the jbl and jsut mount it properly dont leave it loose on the boot lol, infact, go the next jbl model up and its a lot more secure and its also looking better

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
its all depends on your buged yea there the amps i mean, both are equally good just go for your price range, remember to only use the rms wattage as if u go by the peak then you will underpower the sub,

ie. rms 300w on a sub thats 250 rms will sound very good, if its about 300 watts peak then its about 160watts rms you power a 250watt sub on 160watts then you woldnt get the full effect and be disatisfied in the long run

RB 182
cheers for ya help think i decided on the JBL: GTO-75.4 Amplifier cus it got a higher RMS, just lookin at subs now