ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subaru Paint

Broken Diesel Megane :(
does anyone know how good subaru paint is?

my mate has just bought an 1993 import impreza in mica metallic black (quite similar to black gold actually) and i reluctantly agreed to see what i can do with it at some point.

on the whole paint work looks ok, though there is quite a bit of swirling and no scratching that i can see.

also, on a car of this age, i doubt it will of been clayed....ever!! what would you recommend?

cheers in advance.

106 GTi
The couple I have done have been fairly soft.

If it has never been clayed chances are it will need to be.

was going to clay it, but what would you recommend?

process was going to be

pre wash with foam gun and snow foam
orange degreaser on wheels and arches
wash car with maxi suds and mitt
clay with appropriate clay
wash again
dry

polish with menz 3.02 first on cutting pad

glaze with clearkote red mouse

seal (not sure which yet)

wax with swissvax onyx

dress trim and tyres and tackle exhaust as best as possible

106 GTi
May not need to go as aggressive as the IP straight off, worth doing some test sections with a milder polish and pad.

If you use the RMG, may as well go straight to wax as no sealants will bond properly to it.

106 GTi
Maxi Suds is a normal car wash, people just use it as a pre wash, I agree though on trying something else it is a pretty crap product.

Maxi Suds is a normal car wash, people just use it as a pre wash, I agree though on trying something else it is a pretty crap product.

people keep saying that, but in all the time i have had it, i thought it was brilliant. suds up really well and lasts the whole bucket instead of disappearing. really slick on the paint work too.

Bag i think Maxi Suds is a pre wash, maybe better usin something else for the wash part

nah, its just a normal shampoo. have totally fallen in love with the onyx now, couldnt get the water to stay on the car long enough yesterday when washing as it keep running off!

106 GTi
Allegedly the bottle I had was from a duff batch - but it was enough to put me off, produced bugger all suds!

Ah right my bad! Still havent seen that onyx stuff..

Got that blitz sealant last week and reckon thats worth a shout.. its awesome!

Ah right my bad! Still havent seen that onyx stuff..

Got that blitz sealant last week and reckon thats worth a shout.. its awesome!

is it?
i am still using the jeffs stuff. quite like it, but hardly used it.

Allegedly the bottle I had was from a duff batch - but it was enough to put me off, produced bugger all suds!

nah, i quite like it. bottle is almost done though, so open to suggestions.

yeah, i have been happy with the jeffs anytime i have used it, same as the blitz in terms of application i guess. but not used the blitz to compare. thats the stuff like curdled milk isnt it?