ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subtle Boot Build.

Here is my subtle little boot build.

Iv'e used a Kicker sub and a Kenwood amp.
In this little project I was not aiming for a big, flashing, "look at me!" build, I just wanted a little bass.
The sub I used had been stored for a couple of years.

First up I took my boot carpet and used it as a template for my false floor.
IMG_1719.jpg

I then cut the wood in half so I could still get to my spare wheel.
IMG_1718.jpg

So I could keep my amp out of sight I built the sub up by adding the two pieces of wood.
IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

The amp is now out of sight.
IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

All that was left to do was carpet it, I didn't take pictures of that step.
IMG_1753.jpg

And that's it.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

personally not my thing anymore but looks like a nice clean install, nice job :)

How comes you didnt go for putting a sub in a wheel well? (other than keeping the spare wheel obviously)

personally not my thing anymore but looks like a nice clean install, nice job :)

How comes you didnt go for putting a sub in a wheel well? (other than keeping the spare wheel obviously)

Thanks, that's what I was going for. I hate it when people have a fusion sub kicking about in the boot.

I didn't use the wheel well as the sub would have been at the lowest point of the boot, that way if I was to put stuff in the boot it would rest on the sub. The way I have done it I can still use the boot.

I've also added a second boot light so I can still see :)
I'll post up a how I did it thread soon.