ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subways V6 - seriously considering it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about shoot the dude (Subway) down in flames. It's his car he can put it up for whatever price he likes.

To read some of the peoples comments on here you'd have thought that he had comitted the crime of the century in trying to sell it. Yes I realise that he didn't say it was cat D from the off, but i've seen ad's where he has declared it.

LY - I'd go & take a look at it & go though all of the paperwork he has for it.
I have seen the car a few times & obviously met Subway (Adam ) too, it has aparently been given a clean bill of health by Mark Fish & Adam says he has a letter proving this.

In terms of would I personally buy it ?? No I wouldn't - that is because I would ever buy an categorised car.

On another note - I fully agree about the club (well certain members of it) pushing prices down. The fact of the matter is that is quite rare for someone to compare like with like on here anyway, that is fact !

The old saying 'you get what you pay for' is so true, sure you might get a bargain price on a car, but in the long run (say a year) It'll probably cost you more to run than if you'd spent a bit more on one.
This can be backed up just by reading through some peoples posts on here.

Here it is.

13.jpg

Forget the car.........whos the bird with the big bangers and the nice tummy - I WANT!!:approve:

Mito Sportiva 135
Totally dishonest to try selling a CAT D car without so much as a mention, yes you should always do an HPI check first but to not mention something like that is taking the piss as it will affect the resale value so massively

If most people are honest and mention damage up front then not mentioning this is ridiculous. Its like not mentioning the car is an import when it is.

"Greedy" springs to mind.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ly08 -To add my 2 pennith & perhaps an unbiased opinion....

Firstly, I agree that whilst the sellers reputation has gone down the drain with the non declaration of Cat D episode this now has to be forgotton about & the car needs to viewed at face value-

If your thinking about buying a CAT D repair my thoughts would turn to confidence of driving the car, especially at high speeds & would it be safe- the problem is it appears that no-one here can detail the extent of the damage from the accident-
If it was just superficial, & lets face it You can write a Vee off with a couple of broken body parts then no problems, if however it was more mechanical then I would be slightly more concerned-
The bottom line for me though is knowing who signed off the inspection sheet-
In this case if it was someone that you hadnt heard of then I would give it a wide birth, the fact though that its been given a clean bill of health by Mark Fish is like having Scotty from star trek doing the MOT on the star ship enterprise-
The guy knows the car inside out & I know from experience that Mark wouldnt put his name to anything without every nut & bolt being in the correct place-
Perhaps give mark a bell - to ease your mind.....

Having overcome the 'confidence' factor of buying a CAT D car I would then consider its retail value, & secondly its residuals-
It wont be an easy car to shift, Unfortunatly whilst 90% of Clio sport owners know who Mark Fish is the avergae Jo public isnt, so unless you find a buyer on here it will be very difficult to sell-
If that doesnt worry you then I would do go for a test drive & get the feel of the car-
In terms of Value, the car is NOT the most desirable colour ( In terms of residuals- those were the Acid, Moonlight, Liquid & Bronze Colours)- so retail for a standard one with no options with 30k would I guess be 15k maybe 15.5 tops-

As for this one- 40 to 50% loss on market value is around the norm' so I guess that would weigh in around 9k -
I wouldnt offer any more- theres no value in it-

Off course apart from the repair, check for the usual V6 failings-
Stone chipped splitter & bumper,Front should be mint
MAKE SURE THE FRONT IS A1

http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07404/Picture018.jpg

http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07404/Picture019.jpg

Poorly finished alloys ( renault did mine under warrently) service History & Tyres!!!- Mitches go for around 350 a pair so check the tread depth especially the rears.....
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs320&d=07434&f=Picture022.jpg

Check the footwells for leak damage ( A few have)

If the tyres are shot & the front paint is poor add another 750 quid to your bill to get it to A1 standard-

regards
Steve

Last edited:
  Focus ST
Can't wait for a response from Subway.

I think people are being a little unfair. We are all entitled to an opinion, but what matters is the car. Thats whats its all about.

So the questions stands, would you pay 14k for his car?

I can vounch for the car, it is nice, and nothing is obviously wrong with the car. I'm sure if your serious he may get another independent check done if you agree to buythe car when he's had it done and passes.

But also don't forget he granny shifts, doesn't double clutch when he should.....

Mito Sportiva 135
I seem to remember him posting a video of him ragging the hell out of the car too...and whilst obviously it is a serious performing car, the prospect of owning a Cat D car which has been treated like a b**ch since being fixed does not appeal.

Not saying Subway is a bad guy, I don't know him, but not mentioning a car has been significantly damaged is dishonest - even if it has subseuquently been given the all clear from a trusted source.

I have to laugh at how anyone would give a s**t if a Renaultsport car has been thrashed. That's the whole point you f**king retards :D

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I can't believe how many V6's are CAT D etc.

It seems like insurance companies always right them off, straight away.

I like the car and they do look great in black, £12k would be a great price for it.

Civic Vtec y0
He tried to sell the car before to some guy, but Subway accidentally forgot to tell him it was a CAT D (nothing mentioned in the advert either IIRC) and then came on here harping about how much £ he was going to make on it - unfortunately the sale fell through. Then in between posting about his 1.77 rifle he made a thread about buying a TVR 350C with his sale.

I'm all for making money, but not through misleading people and because of that I'd not touch it simply because the guy can't (IMO) be trusted.

If people are genuinely stupid enough to buy a V6 or any car without an HPi check then there as much of a fool as the seller.
You would have to be really dumb to do that! :rolleyes: Oh hold on, I did that lol!

By law you dont need to tell the buyer that the car has been a CAT D, its up to them to find out. I sold my BMW and didnt tell the buyer it was a CAT D. As Ali said, your stupid not to HPI it. I was stupid and learned my lession

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Imho the fact Adam tried to sell his V6 on Pistonheads a while ago without mentioning it's a cat D, is totally irrelevant now. Only Adam knows whether that was intentional or not and should not be up for discussion.

The simple fact is, he is now offering his car for sale as a cat D and is asking for £14k for it. The only thing that should now be up for discussion (and as asked by the original poster) is, whether the car is worth what Adam is asking for it. This should obviously be based on whether the repairs were done properly, which of course can be checked easily enough.

I am pretty sure that Adam will be expecting any potential buyer to haggle a little over the price, we all know the golden rule, 'NEVER pay the full asking price'.

The only fair advice I can give to you lYo8 is; ignore all the b****cks about what Adam may or may not have tried to do in the past and just concentrate on what he is offering now. If you are seriously interested in his car, go along and take a look at it, take someone that knows about them with you (if you don't), and check that the repairs have been carried out correctly. If all seems well and you are still interested, then do your haggling with Adam. End of story really I think.

FTW!!!

SLK 350
By law you dont need to tell the buyer that the car has been a CAT D, its up to them to find out.

Actually you're wrong, if a buyer comes asks you if the car is CAT D, in written or verbal form you have to be honest with them. There's no requirement for a buyer to do a HPI test at all legally.

Civic Vtec y0
By law you dont need to tell the buyer that the car has been a CAT D, its up to them to find out.

Actually you're wrong, if a buyer comes asks you if the car is CAT D, in written or verbal form you have to be honest with them. There's no requirement for a buyer to do a HPI test at all legally.
Sorry mate, but I know your wrong here. When I found out my BMW had been a CAT D I phoned trading standards and they told me the seller didn't have any legal obligation to tell me anything as it was a private sale, it was up to me to find out before hand which I stupidly didn't.

If you buy a 2nd hand car from a Dealer then they legally have to tell you, but only if you ask.

Roy, Im a tool lol!

Mito Sportiva 135
I have to laugh at how anyone would give a s**t if a Renaultsport car has been thrashed. That's the whole point you f**king retards :D

Er, not what I was saying actually.

Thrashed = revved hard from cold, over bumps and uneven surfaces at high speeds, not taken good care of in general etc.

This is in contrast to be driven fast/well - which of course I do.

Renaults are poorly built enough without buying a poor example of one which might break down at any point and cost more to fix and maintain.

You fLIcking retards...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Am i right in saying that it was written off as a Cat D due to rear suspension and subframe damage?

Im not completely up to speed on this....how extensive was the damage it was written off for?
Just that you have to consider that V6 repair bills don't come cheap so even minor damage can cost the earth.

In my opinion if the car was repaired by a reputable repairer, hasn't had substantial structual damage (i.e shell, chassis members, flictches) and has shown no ill effects since, then yes, i'd buy it for the RIGHT price.

So to the OP, it all boils down to your own personal views on it. If you drive the car, find it blows your socks off and you are happy regardless of any previous issues then im sure you will decide for yourself.....regardless of what people on here claim they would or would not do.

Thrashed = revved hard from cold, over bumps and uneven surfaces at high speeds, not taken good care of in general etc.

Renaults are poorly built enough without buying a poor example of one which might break down at any point and cost more to fix and maintain.

You fLIcking retards...

Your car was raped from cold at the factory, and over the docks it was driven at 7250rpm about 2 seconds after the key was turned. Any damage was done that day so get over it.

M2 Competition
Been in this, quick car.

Get it checked over by mark fish or similar, and offer him 12k for it. Adam makes some money, you get a well priced vee, everyones happy.

Mito Sportiva 135

You fLIcking retards...

Your car was raped from cold at the factory, and over the docks it was driven at 7250rpm about 2 seconds after the key was turned. Any damage was done that day so get over it.

Er, there is also a difference between a one off red-line and a sustained abuse of the vehicle's mechanics.

Its like having one cigarette versus smoking as a habit.

Mito Sportiva 135
He started it lol.

I don't really care, my point is that you don't want a mollested vehicle, especially when it is French and especially when it is French and high performance.

If he wants to argue that buying a poor example is no bad thing then thats his funeral.

Been in this, quick car.

Get it checked over by mark fish or similar, and offer him 12k for it. Adam makes some money, you get a well priced vee, everyones happy.

Probably the most reasoned and sensible post of the thread.

Oh and Roy, stop deliberately flame baiting ok.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This thread still going on! lol

In business, if you buy a property thats got potential for under market value, but then you notice a potential downfall, future issue and sell it on at a healthy profit... Are you a c unt for sellin it on knowing that it'll be worth half in a yrs time! ARE YOU HELL!!

You figure out the answer to that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.