ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggest a mod, 172 Cup

Im starting to border on the obsessive with my Cup now, only 3 weeks in but absolutely loving every minute of it. Ive started to make some changes to it but Im after ideas for more. This has been done so far...

New lights all round (Silvervisions and new indicators, amazed at the difference such a subtle and cheap mod makes... http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/534854/1/23994742http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/534854/1/23994742)
K-Tec Carbon Splitter (only due to the original falling off)
"CUP" private plate
Custom 172 Cup mats will be going in at the end of June. I will be doing some prep work in the winter for a bit of track use next year (coilovers, tyres etc, possibly Recaros as well depending on finances) so for now its just fairly inexpensive subtle modifications. Any ideas for things that are easy to do that will help performance a bit, or some nice interior changes etc would be welcome, Im also interested in tidying up the engine bay but not sure where to start with that.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

225/40/14" weird but may add a lot, lower ride height, better traction, and shorter gear ratio for acceleration ;)

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 05 June 2005

Are the indicators the Osram Diadem Rainbow? They look exactly like mine.
Osram Diadems, not rainbow though. I did a comparison when I was fitting them with the standard bulbs and the light output is virtually identical, I was initially concerned that they wouldnt be that great.

Quote: Originally posted by almaghrbi on 05 June 2005

225/40/14" weird but may add a lot, lower ride height, better traction, and shorter gear ratio for acceleration ;)
Im not after any big changes at the moment, they will come in time. Just small things either cosmetic or performance that doesnt cost a lot. Is it worth changing the air filter for example?

ITG PANEL FILTER!!!! £40 and from all reports is a nice little peroformance mod, getting mine custom made later this month!

[Edited by theduckeatspork on 05 June 2005 at 10:25am]

oh and where you from? Im sure Ive seen yourt car in wollaston (thats in stourbridge if you dont know where I mean)

Id go for a custom stainless exhaust from somewhere like Prospeed (Cardiff) - in the same "stealth" style as the original.

Its an essential upgrade once your exhaust has died.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 05 June 2005
^^^ Wolves fan? Woohoo :D

i told you that it would be hard to find the other one mike.

:)

/y0z

subtle and cheap ? get the door/ 1/4 panel bump strips lacquered so they dont look dull against the bodywork and are easier to clean.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Clear side repeaters.
Id also recommend the ITG filter. For £40 its a good mod. Helps the car breathe a little better and also doesnt need changing/cleaning for ages. Dead easy to fit too.

Remapped derv Golf

ITG panel filter and better side lights and headlights (osram silverstars are good) - of course silvervisions.

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 05 June 2005

Clear side repeaters.
Id also recommend the ITG filter. For £40 its a good mod. Helps the car breathe a little better and also doesnt need changing/cleaning for ages. Dead easy to fit too.
Clear side repeaters were standard and the bulbs have been replaced all round. Probably go for a new filter next week, sounds like a good idea.

Has anyone replaced the radio aerial with anything a bit more cosmetically pleasing? Seen a few small blue things on Ebay that look interesting.

VaVa

I have a CTR aerial on mine. Its was actually bought for a practical reason (OE one will rub on my Cup spoiler) but it looks nice. Theres a guy on ebay who appears to be nicking them off CTRs and selling them. I cant think where else youd get a load of second aerials from anyway. lol.

Weeman sucks ****

coilovers & seats are probably the best mod you can do to a cup imo, especially for track use...i need seats!

sort extra power out at a later date, if you need it? considering youve only had it a few weeks its pointless wacking the power up before youve learnt the car.

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 06 June 2005

coilovers & seats are probably the best mod you can do to a cup imo, especially for track use...i need seats!

sort extra power out at a later date, if you need it? considering youve only had it a few weeks its pointless wacking the power up before youve learnt the car.

dam straight