ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggestions

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I've written up a list of the detailing products I have already. To more experienced detailers I just want to know what essential products I am missing? Is there anything on that that I shouldn't use/be careful with?

Pre-wash/shampoo
Halfords pressure washer shampoo
Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner
Chemical guys maxi suds 2
Chemical guys strong wash

Exterior
Autoglym fast glass
Sonus tire and bumper dressing gel
Meguiars scratch x 2.0
Autoglym intensive tar remover
Autosmart tardis

Polish
Autoglym ultra deep shine
Meguiars deep crystal polish
Autoglym super resin polish

Interior
Autoglym interior shampoo
Autoglym car glass polish

Wax/sealent
Meguairs cleaners wax (sample size)
Autoglym extra gloss protection

Wash mitts/sponges
Noodle type wash mitt
Microfibre sponge

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've written up a list of the detailing products I have already. To more experienced detailers I just want to know what essential products I am missing? Is there anything on that that I shouldn't use/be careful with?

Pre-wash/shampoo

Exterior

Autosmart tardis

Polish

Autoglym super resin polish

Interior

Wax/sealent

Wash mitts/sponges

That's what I would use on my car from that list.

STEALTH RAIDER
You got a budget mate? Depends what you want to spend. Ill be happy for you to come and have a look at my collection if your ever round the middleton area ;)

Not a 320d
Pre-wash/shampoo

Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner (Keep for other peoples cars)

Exterior
Autoglym fast glass
Meguiars scratch x 2.0
Autoglym intensive tar remover (Might come in useful for removing glue residue)
Autosmart tardis

Polish
I suppose you could keep all 3, SRP is okay.

Interior
Autoglym car glass polish

Wax/sealent

Autoglym extra gloss protection (although its not durable enopugh for me to justify using, save for other peoples cars)

Wash mitts/sponges
Noodle type wash mitt (Wheels)

Like so .

1.2 Dynamique 16v
You got a budget mate? Depends what you want to spend. Ill be happy for you to come and have a look at my collection if your ever round the middleton area ;)

Yeah I've got a budget lol.

Put it this way, for wax I'd probably stretch to buying something like Victoria Wax - Concours Wax.. But I'd much rather get Poorboys Nattys Wax at the moment... Just because I'm abit of a newbie to the world of detailing. Baby steps!

I'm in Oldham quite abit so your not that far away! Might be cheeky sometime to ask for some tips/see what you do?

Not a 320d
Pre-wash/shampoo

Megs Shampoo Plus (If Bulk is required)
Dodo BTBM 500ml
Citrus Snowfoam (If needed)

Exterior
Blackfire Long lasting Tyre Gel
Autosmart tardis
Autoglym fast Glass (Then replace with AG Fast Glass, or Megs Glass Cleaner Bulk)

Polish
If not by machine.....one of the following glazes/polishes for use by hand with a blue pearl applicator pad
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish (Like SRP only much better - this would be my choice)
Poorboys Blackhole
Zymol HD Cleanse

Interior
Autoglym car glass polish (For interior screens when they get really bad)
303 Aerospace
Zymol Vinyl

Wax/sealent

Autoglym extra gloss protection (although its not durable enopugh for me to justify using, save for other peoples cars)
Wax dependant on budget.
Good mid range ones would be;
Zymol Carbon
Vics Red

And sealants;
Fk1000p (For wheels and door shuts, and other peoples cars)
Zaino Z5 with ZFX
Megs 135 (Spray, wipe. Combination of a detailing spray and a durable sealant, dont use on top of wax, its IPA based (IIRC) and will leave a waxed finish looking hazy, basically it strips wax, but not sealant)

Wash mitts/sponges
Any good Lambswool Mitt (Not Sonus) So eurow, Megs, Dodo Yeti Arse mitt and 2 buckets.

i4detailing/Polished Bliss Ultra Plush Yellow Drying towel x 2 (The ones that are a tenner each)

Im sure ill have missed something. Hope thats of some use.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Pre-wash/shampoo

Megs Shampoo Plus (If Bulk is required)
Dodo BTBM 500ml
Citrus Snowfoam (If needed)

Exterior
Blackfire Long lasting Tyre Gel
Autosmart tardis
Autoglym fast Glass (Then replace with AG Fast Glass, or Megs Glass Cleaner Bulk)

Polish
If not by machine.....one of the following glazes/polishes for use by hand with a blue pearl applicator pad
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish (Like SRP only much better - this would be my choice)
Poorboys Blackhole
Zymol HD Cleanse

Interior
Autoglym car glass polish (For interior screens when they get really bad)
303 Aerospace
Zymol Vinyl

Wax/sealent

Wax dependant on budget.
Good mid range ones would be;
Zymol Carbon
Vics Red

And sealants;
Fk1000p (For wheels and door shuts, and other peoples cars)
Zaino Z5 with ZFX
Megs 135 (Spray, wipe. Combination of a detailing spray and a durable sealant, dont use on top of wax, its IPA based (IIRC) and will leave a waxed finish looking hazy, basically it strips wax, but not sealant)

Wash mitts/sponges
Any good Lambswool Mitt (Not Sonus) So eurow, Megs, Dodo Yeti Arse mitt and 2 buckets.

i4detailing/Polished Bliss Ultra Plush Yellow Drying towel x 2 (The ones that are a tenner each)

Im sure ill have missed something. Hope thats of some use.

Brilliant, thank you mate.

Not a 320d
Wait for other peoples responses too pal. Zymol Carbon is one of my favorites, Vics red is not far behind. I own more expensive waxes but I will not be replacing them (except Zymol Glasur which is p**n).

If youve not waxed before, lay down a glaze, polish or pre cleaner first, and then wax with a foam applicator, keep it as thin as you can, all you need to do is to gently swipe the pot of wax with the applicator and then apply it to the paint, work it and keep it warm and a small amount will spread fairly well.

STEALTH RAIDER
Yeah I've got a budget lol.

Put it this way, for wax I'd probably stretch to buying something like Victoria Wax - Concours Wax.. But I'd much rather get Poorboys Nattys Wax at the moment... Just because I'm abit of a newbie to the world of detailing. Baby steps!

I'm in Oldham quite abit so your not that far away! Might be cheeky sometime to ask for some tips/see what you do?

Yeah no worries mate!